Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.05

Hello. Does anyone has MIDI problems as me ? I can't change anymore scenes/program/tempo since update 2.04->2.05 (i'm using the physical MIDI port IN for this)
I continue checking the problem but my messages are well sent by my DAW (the LEDs of my MIDI interface flashes correctly showing MIDI informations are running well before entering the AxeFx)

Last edited:
But does the MFC-101 use the Midi Port IN or the specific connector at the rear (if i well remember) ?

I'm using 2.05 with my MFC101 Mk3 and it's perfectly fine, no issues here.

You should be using MIDI OUT on the MFC going to the MIDI IN on your Axe3.

XFormer match doesn't work well for me...
It was a very powerful setting before but now it s really subtle...
Is that normal?

it's not very apparent here anymore either. Having used it before, subtle changes were quickly audible, extreme values were blatantly destructive. Right now, subtle changes are blatantly inaudible...from 1.00 down to 0.10 does...nada, nothin. From 1.00 to 10.00 seems to just reduce the level a bit, maybe add a little distortion, mostly just reduces level though. :veryconfused:

Just noticed something with the new align feature:
A MPT IR is shown with its beginning (0ms) at about the first third of the first slope. You have to shift it a little bit to see the beginning of the slope in the graph. Is this a graphical "issue" or does the IR actually "start" too late (or too early depending on the point of view). I seem to hear a tiny difference when I shift the IR making it sound more natural. But that might just be imagination.

Last edited:
that might just be imagination.

It ain't imagination, it's phase shift. A way to verify you aren't imagining things: put mic distance at max...kind of dull. Put mic distance at minimum...ear next to grill cloth. While playing, move from minimum out towards 150 mm or so...you'll know when it hits the sweet spot cause you'll probably start laughing.

For IRs that start right at zero I found 140mm to be my preferred sweet spot... for pretty much every factory cab ~140mm seems to give them all the icing for whatever reason.

It ain't imagination, it's phase shift. A way to verify you aren't imagining things: put mic distance at max...kind of dull. Put mic distance at minimum...ear next to grill cloth. While playing, move from minimum out towards 150 mm or so...you'll know when it hits the sweet spot cause you'll probably start laughing.

For IRs that start right at zero I found 140mm to be my preferred sweet spot... for pretty much every factory cab ~140mm seems to give them all the icing for whatever reason.
Mic distance is just a delay control, it doesn't alter the sound if you are using just one IR.

If you're hearing a difference it's probably cuz you're playing at low volume and you also hear the direct strings sound and when you vary mic distance the two sounds (direct and amplified) reach your ears at different times causing phase cancellations at different frequencies.

If you want to prove it to yourself record two samples, one with mic distance at 0 and one with it on max, then listen to them. Can you still hear a difference?

If you still hear it make sure no one put some LSD in your drink last night :p

Just noticed something with the new align feature:
A MPT IR is shown with its beginning (0ms) at about the first third of the first slope. You have to shift it a little bit to see the beginning of the slope in the graph. Is this a graphical "issue" or does the IR actually "start" too late (or too early depending on the point of view). I seem to hear a tiny difference when I shift the IR making it sound more natural. But that might just be imagination.
I’ve noticed this too on the cab lab mixes I did. Shifting them back to expose the whole beginning of the wave from really opens the sound up and makes them sound much clearer. Not sure if it’s a bug but it sure sounds a whole lot better shifting them back a little.

It's your imagination. There is a bug in the display. It starts one sample too late so the first sample is chopped off. It has been fixed for the next release.

Mic distance is just a delay control, it doesn't alter the sound if you are using just one IR.

If you're hearing a difference it's probably cuz you're playing at low volume and you also hear the direct strings sound and when you vary mic distance the two sounds (direct and amplified) reach your ears at different times causing phase cancellations at different frequencies.

If you want to prove it to yourself record two samples, one with mic distance at 0 and one with it on max, then listen to them. Can you still hear a difference?

If you still hear it make sure no one put some LSD in your drink last night :p
What he said. The distance control is nothing more than a micro-delay.

It's your imagination. There is a bug in the display. It starts one sample too late so the first sample is chopped off. It has been fixed for the next release.
That may be & I understand the power of suggestion thinking you are changing something but I'm not hearing a subtle difference at all.

That may be & I understand the power of suggestion thinking you are changing something but I'm not hearing a subtle difference at all.

That's what I understood. I was surprised I was hearing a difference & only adjusted it because the wave form looked truncated on the display. Will have to give another listen later today.

Is the delay at the front of the IR window or does it shift the start point of the waveform inside of the IR window? Cause a delay at the front wouldn't make a difference, but a delay inside of the IR window would make signal x hit sample x of the IR at different spot in a given window, right? compared to if signal x came in without the delay.

Is the delay at the front of the IR window or does it shift the start point of the waveform inside of the IR window? Cause a delay at the front wouldn't make a difference, but a delay inside of the IR window would make signal x hit sample x of the IR at different spot in a given window, right? compared to if signal x came in without the delay.
Neither. It's just a delay. It's no different than using a delay block and dialing in a very short delay with mix = 100%.

Omg you’re kidding! I noticed the same thing and went through every single Factory patch and shifted every one forward...

Ahh, hahah, just kidding.. I was wondering the same thing though but thought there was no way that could be right..

Reactions: RDH
Back
Top Bottom