1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.04

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Discussion' started by FractalAudio, Dec 15, 2018.

1. marshall2553

marshall2553
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

That's how it's supposed to work. With the looper in front of the amp your clean guitar signal from the loop is being processed by the amp block, so you can tweak the tone of the loop by adjusting the amp block. If you put the loop after the amp it's looping a recording of your signal after it has been processed by the amp block, so tweaking the amp block will have no effect.

ben ifin likes this.
  2. ben ifin

ben ifin
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks. Makes sense :)

I actually only noticed this because I have the A/Buddy 1000+ Naked Amp Pack and in all those patchs, the Looper is the 2nd last Block - just before the Output Block - I was messing with the looper in one of his Plexi patchs and noticed with it placed post-amp, real-time-tweaking couldnt be done - hence my query.

Thanks again,
    Ben

3. #63 Rex, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

The Looper is basically a recorder. If it’s placed after the Amp, then it records your amp’s sound and then plays it back after the amp. If you put a mic on your amp and record that, then play back the recording, then turning the knobs on your amp won’t change the recording. :)

Normally, you place the looper after your amp and effects if you want to do things like playing a lead tone over a looped rhythm tone.

ben ifin likes this.
  4. lp59

lp59
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

That's how it works, the looper can only record what comes to his input, once recorded it only plays it back. If you put the looper in the first place you can tweak effects and amps that come after and hear the modifications.

REDD likes this.
  5. OmegaZero

OmegaZero
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Two days ago I upgraded from 2.03 to 2.04 using fractal bot. The upgrade seemed to go fine and I played for a while afterwards with no issues. When I turned the unit on the next day (first power up after upgrade) I got the orange "Factory Cabs Not Installed" popup. I know this was an issue in previous releases, but I haven't seen any recent threads about it. Subsequent reboots haven't had errors, so maybe just a transient issue? I started a "conversation" with support on the portal. Thought I would see if anyone else here has had this issue, or if it's just me?

6. Intheband

Intheband
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Did you try a reinstall?

7. MrGuitarabuse

MrGuitarabuse
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Just logging this "incident" here. Upgrade went smooth. After power up out 3 and 4 meters peaked. No sound. Restarting the unit, all works as usual after that.
    USB connected, no editor running. No foot controller attached or other midi stuff.
    Win 10

8. OmegaZero

OmegaZero
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Unnecessarily re-flashing firmware (on any piece of equipment) really isn't a good idea. If it's specifically required to fix a problem, and support has directed you to do so, then yeah ok. I wouldn't advise people to do this casually though. Cliff has also made similar statements several times.

In my case, hitting exit and then rebooting again seems to have resolved the issue as far as I can tell. I'm hoping support will get back to me with anything else I should check just to be sure, but I'm up and running for the moment. Mostly I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue with 2.04.

9. FractalAudio

FractalAudio
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

Agreed. This is and always has been poor advice.

Electronic equipment, especially computers make mistakes now and then. If a reboot fixed the problem then you're good to go.

10. King’s X - Jason

King’s X - Jason
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Is this release stable now?

11. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

Yes.

King’s X - Jason likes this.
  12. Zedhed

Zedhed
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Then why do you tempt us with so many new goodies? :D

13. ben ifin

ben ifin
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

2.04 and efx Rev and Delay Spillover

I have it set to both in the Global Menu but nothing is spilling over when I go from Scene to Scene.

Anyone else getting this (?)

Ben

14. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Spillover deals with Preset switching. Scenes honor the Bypass Mode. Try Mute FX Out.

∞Fractals and ben ifin like this.
  15. ben ifin

ben ifin
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks Chris ..... Mute FX Out didnt do it but Mute FX IN did .... presets and scenes spilling over perfectly now :)

Thanks again :)

Ben

16. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Oh yeah that’s the one.

∞Fractals and REDD like this.
  17. NeoSound

NeoSound
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I noticed quantize as a tracking option in the synth block last night. is this new? don't remember it before

brianv4 likes this.
  18. #78 shatteredsquare, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

i just remembered seeing this. that's why cab room worked so well right at 50% huh. my faith is restored. ALL HAIL FRACTAL.

[​IMG]

what are the chances of a ~3ms comb filter and my face being 3 feet from a 4x12 sounding the same...

19. tjfitzwater

tjfitzwater
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I seem to be having an issue with very low volume from my computer using the Axe Fx III as an sound card interface since upgrading my firmware to 2.04. Is there something I'm not doing right or a setting that I need to adjust now? It was working fine and I even plugged my Axe Fx II back in as a interface and the volume was loud and clear. I just can't get any volume from my computer when using the III as an interface. Thanks for the help.

20. Flatnine

Flatnine
    Expand Collapse
    Regular