Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.04

Make sure to try the new Tube Compressor. It's really something. PRE and POST.

Example settings (as a PRE effect): Ratio 2.25, Release 20, 1.80 makeup gain.

And POST not that different: Ratio 2.00, Release 20, 2.25 makeup gain.

Here's some tube compression background information.

Both of these sound AMAZING!

Having lots of fun at the moment with the comb filters, setting the delay and depth to either a pitch or envelope modifier. Wonderfully glitchy.

Both of these sound AMAZING!

Having lots of fun at the moment with the comb filters, setting the delay and depth to either a pitch or envelope modifier. Wonderfully glitchy.

Any sample settings? Still trying to figure out the comb filters.

Something is happening with the tube compressor type that I'm not expecting: there seems to be no effect of the threshold value. Doesn't matter whether it is set at +20dB or -60dB, the effect is the same?

Something is happening with the tube compressor type that I'm not expecting: there seems to be no effect of the threshold value. Doesn't matter whether it is set at +20dB or -60dB, the effect is the same?
That type doesn't have a threshold control. Axe-Edit has not been updated yet to reflect that.

I noticed the «stone quarry» first time the other day. The list of reverb types seems longer, but I’m not 100% sure

That’s what you get with spoiled kids :)

It's entirely possible I'm living under a rock, but when were the "Huge Room" and "Music Hall" reverb types added? They both sound gorgeous.

I don't rememeber having noticed the "Huge Room" one (will give a try, thank you), but I discovered the "Music Hall" with Cliff's AC20 preset, and it's indeed a very nice reverb.

I noticed the «stone quarry» first time the other day. The list of reverb types seems longer, but I’m not 100% sure

That’s what you get with spoiled kids :)

That one is in the AX8/AF2 but it's easy to miss.

I don't rememeber having noticed the "Huge Room" one (will give a try, thank you), but I discovered the "Music Hall" with Cliff's AC20 preset, and it's indeed a very nice reverb.

Cliff's easter eggs are the best!

Took you guys long enough to find that egg...

So Chorus Hall, Ice Castle & Music Hall are the AFIII specific verbs. I didn't notice the AX8 had the Huge Room algo until now either - I'll be working that one into some of my live patches.

Is the music hall verb modelled on a specific space? Sounds gorgeous.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.06.27 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.06.27 pm.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.04.59 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.04.59 pm.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi all !

Is this maybe a Bug with 2.04 & AE 1.09 & Looper ?

Im not a big user of the Looper - but it is fantastic - but I just noticed this.

- if the Looper is placed before the Amp and Cab - say in Block 2 just after the Input Block, I can record a loop, play it back and I can adjust amp parameters in real time to tweak

however

if the Looper is placed after the Amp and Cab - say in the 2nd last block immediatly before the Ouptut Block, I can record a loop, play it back but adjusting the amp parameters in real time to tweak does nothing (?)

Is this how its supposed to be (?)

Not fussed either way but just wanted to check.

Thanks again,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom