Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.03

I have a bug. Then I selecting one of my presets by the front panel, the unit getting frozen. Only reboot helps. I have two presets which always stucking the Axe.
upd. Moved back to 2.02, everything is all right now.

Last edited:
I have a bug. Then I selecting one of my presets by the front panel, the unit getting frozen. Only reboot helps. I have two presets which always stucking the Axe.
these presets you posted freeze my III as well in 2.03..dunno why

Finally got the chance to upgrade from 2.0 after fixing my computer. Thank you so much for the new tremolo types and the Grinder boost!

This is occurring because you have a global reverb block where the size is set very low. It's been fixed for the next firmware release.

I upgraded to 2.03 from 2.02 (which sounded stellar). I loaded 2.03 twice now.

On 2.03 my output levels have fallen drastically where even greatly boosting the input levels in my Apogee ensemble barely make a difference.

All my EMG pickup guitars extra feedback (in a bad way) on any heavy distortion patches. All the heavy patches sound no where as good as they did before (especially the Petrucci factory patch). I didn’t try any other guitars because there was no point until the others were sounding good.

I just reloaded 2.02 and everything is perfect again. I made sure Power Amp modeling and Cabs are on. The output is +04. The output knobs are all the way up. I’m completely lost.

Any ideas?

I upgraded to 2.03 from 2.02 (which sounded stellar). I loaded 2.03 twice now.

On 2.03 my output levels have fallen drastically where even greatly boosting the input levels in my Apogee ensemble barely make a difference.

All my EMG pickup guitars extra feedback (in a bad way) on any heavy distortion patches. All the heavy patches sound no where as good as they did before (especially the Petrucci factory patch). I didn’t try any other guitars because there was no point until the others were sounding good.

I just reloaded 2.02 and everything is perfect again. I made sure Power Amp modeling and Cabs are on. The output is +04. The output knobs are all the way up. I’m completely lost.

Any ideas?

Does this happen with just your presets or does this happen with the Factory presets as well?

Yes all high gain patches feedback terribly and I cannot palm mute higher string notes on guitars I could before. This is happening now on 2.02 which I realized I hadn’t spent much time on so I am rolling back to 1.18 which I know sounded perfect.

Last edited:
Yes all high gain patches feedback terribly and I cannot plan mute lower notes on guitars I could before. This is happening now on 2.02 which I realized I hadn’t spent much time on so I am rolling back to 1.18 which I know sounded perfect.
It's not the firmware. Something else is wrong somewhere.

At my old company I had a sign in my office. Every time one of the salesmen or techs came running in all panicky about a customer problem I'd point to the sign. This sign read:

"99% of the time the problem is a cable or connector"

Invariably they'd say "no, the customer is sure it isn't a bad cable". I'd point to the sign again. And almost every time they'd come back the next day and say something like "uh, yeah, turns out someone had run over the cable with a forklift and didn't tell anyone".

At my old company I had a sign in my office. Every time one of the salesmen or techs came running in all panicky about a customer problem I'd point to the sign. This sign read:

Invariably they'd say "no, the customer is sure it isn't a bad cable". I'd point to the sign again. And almost every time they'd come back the next day and say something like "uh, yeah, turns out someone had run over the cable with a forklift and didn't tell anyone".

Bahahahaha my response is way better. Turns out my external wah was engaged. Oops. Well that is over 2 hours of playing gone. Sorry.

I shall put that sign up in my studio immediately. Thank you for the tip!

Once I spent a whole day re-tweaking all my presets at the Axe-FX Standard, because they did sound dull after a major firmware upgrade (if you think the current upgrades are huge, you should have experienced the supramundane metaphysical upgrades of the Axe-FX Standard).

Late at night, I found that the tone knob of the guitar was turned down :confused:

My nemeses has been my expression pedal. My midi controller is reading the position of the pedal, and it is turned down to about 20-25%, taking the balls out of every preset. I know to look for it now, but the first several months of Axe III ownership, it got me really flustered. The other was with the Axe II - I'd do some reamping one night, and then the next time I tried to play with my guitar, I'd get no signal. I spent 45 mins during sound check, trying to troubleshoot my midi connection and monitoring midi traffic because I was certain my controller was turning off the volume.....only to realize I still had the input set to USB!!!!

I watched a video by a user, and saw he had input one beginning his signal chain, but also had USB block in parallel, so he could re-amp and not have to change the input digitally, thereby avoiding the scenario I described. Now, I don't have that issue anymore!

In the numeric days it can translate to : "99% of the time the problem is the chair-keyboard interface"

Once I spent a whole day re-tweaking all my presets at the Axe-FX Standard, because they did sound dull after a major firmware upgrade (if you think the current upgrades are huge, you should have experienced the supramundane metaphysical upgrades of the Axe-FX Standard).

Late at night, I found that the tone knob of the guitar was turned down :confused:

Been there, done that! I once retweaked all of my presets because I thought an update had dropped their volume, then I realised it was my expression pedal that was half-cocked so all my presets that had a Volume block were going to be too loud! :rolleyes: What a tool, I had to go back and fix about 30 presets I had already "fixed"! :D

Back
Top Bottom