Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.03

Trying to reinstall firmware while doing the "Hold Page Left and Right while Powering on" as instructed in the manual. Currently updating.

I just installed 2.03 from 2.02 and now my III doesn't fully boot up. The screen will flash, and the lights all go up, then nothing and the screen doesn't display anything. Just a dim back light. HELP!!

Also, Fractal-Bot doesn't see it either!
Try booting with the failsafe instructions listed here:

https://support.fractalaudio.com/article/28-axe-fx-iii-recovery-steps

If that works to get back up, apply firmware update again. If you’re still having problems put in a support ticket at the support site or email.

Golly... no chance of someone missing the string letter/number indicator on the tuner screen now. Bonus, everyone can start a side hussle offering even the folks in the cheap seats eye exams ;)

Yes! I noticed this immediately. Also, the lateral and strobe tuners were off from each other. One would show in tune and the other would show sharp or flat. I kept having to use my turbo tuner the whole time I've had the axe fx III as its tuner was almost unusable, but now its almost perfect! It's still having that problem slightly with my 4th string Db when I tune down a half step. I havent tested it on all my other guitars yet, but that seems to be the only note right now. I tuned up with my turbo tuner and the lateral one seems to be almost spot on, its the axe's strobe that is flat.

Just installed 2.03 and my patches with global amp blocks are all disconnected. They show connected but none of them are reading the global block settings. Anyone else?

Just verified. Rolled back to 2.02, added my backup bank A and it is all working now. So there is something wrong with global blocks.

Last edited:
Is it the same tremolo thats in the Axe Fx II amp block?

thanks a lot,
i love a new bias trem, it sound more realistic imho than the classic trem block.

i've a little issue on spdif port here when i launch the update with fracbot.
it a big continue hiss(whistling) sound ..
did you have the same issue by your side?

The LF and HF damping parameters in the cab block default at 0, but the room shape setting sounds heavily damped already and pretty natural at 0. Are they meant more to finess the reflections in the hall shape setting?

I did read the notes and saw nothing about these parameters. The cab room setting does seem to have more early reflection now when I do palm mutes, and does sound more like isolation booth ambiance, so I am able to use slightly more of the room sound than before. I tried the damping controls on my two cab blocks with the room shape setting and they did not seem to help with the realism, but a little HF damping did tame the spiky upper mids of my Energyball some...

Loving all the new features!!! Love the cab room/hall parameters..... Can't help but wonder... Would a "time" parameter be overdoing it? I love the sound of the rooms, but I feel like the cut off is a little harsh, maybe a time length control imitating reflections could be interesting... but then again, that's the same as a reverb. Thoughts? I'm not necessarily requesting it, just wondering!

Loving all the new features!!! Love the cab room/hall parameters..... Can't help but wonder... Would a "time" parameter be overdoing it? I love the sound of the rooms, but I feel like the cut off is a little harsh, maybe a time length control imitating reflections could be interesting... but then again, that's the same as a reverb. Thoughts? I'm not necessarily requesting it, just wondering!
The idea is you add reverb after.

Frankly the best way to do it is to use the Early Reflections in the Reverb block to adjust your room level to taste. It's the same algorithm. The room stuff in the cab block is for those who add reverb in post-processing. The Early Reflections in the Reverb block are matched to the shape and size of the room so they are inherently better.

Frankly the best way to do it is to use the Early Reflections in the Reverb block to adjust your room level to taste. It's the same algorithm. The room stuff in the cab block is for those who add reverb in post-processing. The Early Reflections in the Reverb block are matched to the shape and size of the room so they are inherently better.

I use the room setting in the cab block, which is livelier than the sound of a mic’d cabinet in a Gobo box, but still nice and tight. I use the concert hall verb stock settings low % mix and this sounds very much like the results I get with a studio signal chain on through to a mix. Grasping all the variables of the studio signal chain is crucial to getting the most out of the Axe, which gives me the ability to send the FOH the sound of a well mic’d cabinet while also sending a separate chain with reverb to my two onstage stereo cabinets. Thanks for all that precision and flexibility!

Loving the grinder boost; takes the Recto from a fart machine to a chugga-chugga monster.

Here's a quick clip with the Euro Uber in a mix; the first and third time the riff is played is without the grinder boost, the second and fourth times are with it engaged.

Regarding the new cab block room parameters, I'm not hearing any difference between the room and hall modes or the LF/HF damping parameters even with the room level/size cranked. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Last edited:
thanks...the harmonic tremolo is scary in that it feels groovy..not mechanical...very pleasing...good job! :)

Ahhh! Makes sense! Thanks!!!!!

Loving the grinder boost; takes the Recto from a fart machine to a chugga-chugga monster.

Regarding the new cab block room parameters, I'm not hearing any difference between the room and hall modes or the LF/HF damping parameters even with the room level/size cranked. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I am clearly noting the difference, but I am not playing a chugga-chugga monster. Right now I am playing the Vibroverb AA with a delicate tone inspired on Andrew Latimer (Camel) Rajaz solo. ;)

I thought I did on the “room” shape HF, it seemed to tame some harsh upper mids of the Energyball/6L6s...

Last edited:

Here's a quick clip with the Euro Uber in a mix; the first and third time the riff is played is without the grinder boost, the second and fourth times are with it engaged.

Leon Amazing Tone in this clip, please share patch ;-)

Back
Top Bottom