Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

Getting huge delays in responsiveness of AxeEdit 1.04.01 (Windows 10). Click on a scene change and it takes ages to respond (over 10 seconds) - actually has locked up.

Have rebooted PC and Axe and still the same - AxeEdit 1.04.01 is unusable with this firmware. Its taking 40 seconds for a block control buttons to appear after selecting the block. Should I go back to 1.04.00?

UPDATE - gone back to 11.02_Beta4 and AxeEdit 1.04.01 is working again. Will wait until v12 FW is fixed.
I noticed, even after refresh, amp block settings, delay settings, etc, will carry over from a previously modified block, to the current block, Front panel shows correct settings. So it might be a good idea to edit from the front panel, until AXE Edit is updated.
UPDATE:
Edited a block in AXE Edit, didn't save, changed presets and the block changes carried to the preset, but does not affect the actual saved settings. Went to the front panel on the AXE, went into block edit and the AXE Edit screen corrects itself. So it might not be good to modify presets in AXE Edit until it is updated.

Last edited:
At the rate Cliff is adding things, I won't be able to lift my rack case soon.o_O I say it every time, I love your beautiful head.

Cool beans!
I am quite curious about the new flangers and phasers but hesitate to update because I don't know if there was a change in the amps algorithms?
Thanks for the continuous awesomeness!

I have updated, but after firmware update the screen has been locked in the "Initializing Effects" line. I tried the recovery system, but it's still the same. Can anybody help me. I do not speak English and I am translating with Google. Thank you...thumbnail_IMG_20200124_212233.jpg

Cool beans!
I am quite curious about the new flangers and phasers but hesitate to update because I don't know if there was a change in the amps algorithms?
Thanks for the continuous awesomeness!

Well, because I now have that many presets, and plenty of them feature the Phaser and Flanger blocks, which are basically totally reset post update, for me, I'll need to pas on this update, at least until Fractool can successfully transfer my settings over to the point where it's 'close'.

Well, because I now have that many presets, and plenty of them feature the Phaser and Flanger blocks, which are basically totally reset post update, for me, I'll need to pas on this update, at least until Fractool can successfully transfer my settings over to the point where it's 'close'.

And that's when / why Global Blocks are so handy.

Oh my bad, I might have worded that wrong, sorry!
My presets sound wonderful the way they are, I don't have that many presets with flanger and/or phaser but I am curious about them.
I wouldn't wanna start tweaking my amps though, hence my question was, if the amps algos have changed at all... if not, I am totally updating 5 min ago...

There is possibly a bug on the Pwr Supply page : I went through different amp models and the Supply Type is always set to AC by default -

even on the JC 120 model - is it intended to be like that ?

The AxeFx III is a great unit !
Thanks for your work !

Last edited:
The Reverb default to Ultra high now...so if you are already at or over 80% CPU it is going to slow down Axe Edit...etc.

And that's when / why Global Blocks are so handy.
How would global blocks help when the block in each preset is set differently, is purposed differently, and in a different routing within the preset?
i always thought that global blocks were so you could have the exact same block over all presets. You change the settings in one, it automatically changes those settings in all the other presets. That’s not going to work. Or am I missing a trick?

Back
Top Bottom