Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sound coming from the PC (Windows 10) after installing Beta 3, although the AxeFX is recognized as playback device. It was working fine with Beta 2

I am going to reinstall the USB drivers

Last edited:
Installed and working just fine here. Reverb hold function isn't whistling anymore. FAS Vibe is AMAZING.

Preset and cab attached.

Sounds spot on. :)
I plunked around with the classic vibe on the same tune for a bit. Strat middle pickup, face fuzz, and vibe into a plexi and 4x12 pretty much nails it....

No sound coming from the PC (Windows 10) after installing Beta 3, although the AxeFX is recognized as playback device. It was working fine with Beta 2

I am going to reinstall the USB drivers

Issue solved
1. Uninstall the drivers from "Apps and Features"
2. At Device Manager select "Show Hidden Devices" and delete all Axe-FX III instances
3. Restart
4. Install the drivers

It is not related to this firmware release, as it has already happened before since I have the Axe-FX III. If you want to recreate this failure:
  • Shutdown the Axe-FX (or unplug the USB)
  • Play some media at the PC
  • Start the Axe-FX (or plug the USB) while the media is playing

Issue solved
2. At Device Manager select "Show Hidden Devices" and delete all Axe-FX III instances
3. Restart
4. Install the drivers

It is not related to this firmware release, as it has already happened before since I have the Axe-FX III. If you want to recreate this failure:
Just an FYI for anyone who might experience this. Before uninstalling and reinstalling everything, try this first. If you're using the AFX, or anything else, as an audio interface in Windows and you shut the interface off and on again, a couple things may happen. First, the Axe3 may or may not become the default playback device for Windows automatically, depending on what other sound devices are present (Manual intervention may be required to set it as the default device). The second and more likely reason you may experience an issue with an application that was playing audio when the interface was shut down is that the audio application has lost its 'hook' into the audio interface driver. This can often be fixed by simply closing and relaunching the app. It's certainly worth a go before using the nuclear option. YMMV

Just an FYI for anyone who might experience this. Before uninstalling and reinstalling everything, try this first. If you're using the AFX, or anything else, as an audio interface in Windows and you shut the interface off and on again, a couple things may happen. First, the Axe3 may or may not become the default playback device for Windows automatically, depending on what other sound devices are present (Manual intervention may be required to set it as the default device). The second and more likely reason you may experience an issue with an application that was playing audio when the interface was shut down is that the audio application has lost its 'hook' into the audio interface driver. This can often be fixed by simply closing and relaunching the app. It's certainly worth a go before using the nuclear option. YMMV

Thank you for the tips. I already tried (1) restart the interface (2) close all windows applications (3) restart the PC. None of that did work

No matter what app is playing audio while the Axe-FX is powering up (YouTube, SoundCloud, Firefox, VLC Media Player, Windows System Sounds...) the Axe-FX USB stops working and requires reinstall

Issue solved
3. Restart
4. Install the drivers

Gotta love Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom