Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I have, knock wood (raps side of own head), not had the issues others have reported with the other 12.0b, but look forward to the update.

The new flangers and especially the new phasers are really hitting the spot. Never used flanger or phaser much before, as I guess I just ran into all the lame-sounding stomp boxes and decided I must just not like the effect. Dialed in a nice "automatic double tracking" flanger last night on 11.02b5 that works great for the Day Tripper guitar sound. Been digging the Classic Vibe this morning, as well as a few of the others....

I’m not one to be effusive, but the AFX is one of the best decisions I’ve made concerning my studio...it has completely locked in tones for electric guitar. No more futzing, no more buying a pair of Helios, then a TG-2, then more dynamic mics...oh yeah, Royers, etc. This. Just. Works. And honestly better tones than I could most likely mic up myself.

That's real agile development, not the scrum bulshit you ear everywhere...
IKIFEEL.jpg
Yeah, I feel that....

Demo of the ADT effect I whipped up here. I really dug into getting the LFO to be less regular. Sequenced a 32-piece bit, used that to control LFO#2's rate, then used LFO#2 outputs A and B (set 60 degrees out of phase) to twiddle the rate and depth on LFO#1. The resulting wave was used to waggle the Manual knob in the Manual Thru-Zero Flanger. IMHO, it sounds biggest and most doubletracked when the one output (left in this case) is OOP with the right, and 100% wet to avoid too much flanger 'swoosh' detracting from the effect.

Thanks again, Cliff & team, for the new goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom