Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta

Well, the way I imagine, you wouldn't have to, as it would load the exact one you need automatically...

If they are different at all, they are different enough.

Doesn't it already do basically that?

Also by that logic we should have a hundred thousand amps or more in our axe fx! LOLL!!!

Many amps are identical enough to not warrant having a seperate model of, and it's even more so with something FAR more subtle as impedance curves. As said, it's not even something to hear, it's something to 'feel', so you will only notice it while ACTUALLY playing.

Several impedance curves have asked to be added and Cliff said they were identical to existing curves. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about :)

Check out the curves for guitar speakers, they are all SOOOOOOO similar! Which is why cliff and co. add just the ones that are noteworthy for us.

More time playin', less time trying to find a needle in a haystack!

Doesn't it already do basically that?
Obviously not. When you select a cab, you then have to go to the amp block and select the curve that matches that cab manually.
And still - this is not the exact curve that matches that cab, as that is not measured from the specific cab the IR is from. Is it good enough to sound good and make a record? Obviously. But is it accurate? not exactly.

Also by that logic we should have a hundred thousand amps or more in our axe fx! LOLL!!!

Don't know what "Logic" you are talking about here, as what you said here has absolutely nothing to do with what we're disussing here.
We are talkin about the accuracy of the Amp+Cab interaction, that there shouldn't be any approximations. Number is a whole different topic.
We can be limited to five Amps and five cabs, that is irrelevant to the conversation, but their modelling algorithms have to be as accurate as possible, with ideally no approximations and compromises (Which is impossible, of course, but you get it...).

More time playin', less time trying to find a needle in a haystack!
if that was the phylosophy of fractal went with, the development of Axe FX would have stopped somewhere at Axe FX 2. Can't hear the difference in a blind test? moving on. It's finished.

I would advise caution in trying that 2x12 Godzilla it has the potential to bork and peg outputs at max volume , requiring a restart.
Don't mean to belabor the point, but I feel the need to reiterate this for the sake of all of our ears , if this wonky impedance curve setting behaves for all like it does for me. Choosing the Godzilla 2x12 will mute the preset every time, but on occasion seemingly at random all the outputs will peg at maximum.( this happened several times yesterday during my testing, but have been unable to reproduce the output peg this morning so far......)

Don't mean to belabor the point, but I feel the need to reiterate this for the sake of all of our ears , if this wonky impedance curve setting behaves for all like it does for me. Choosing the Godzilla 2x12 will mute the preset every time, but on occasion seemingly at random all the outputs will peg at maximum.( this happened several times yesterday during my testing, but have been unable to reproduce the output peg this morning so far......)
here it is, when it happens a reboot of the III is required.( I would still be very careful if you mess with it)

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Happens here, too.

Admin M@! Whenever people start talking poorly about capitalism I point them towards Fractal Audio, they do it right. Often I am proud to be American, despite the tarnish that seems so fashionable to smear the past decade.

Fractal hat OFF. I am impressed but never surprised that more than a decade in to this endeavor Cliff still takes the time to update firmware based on a good suggestion from a single customer. If the other companies we interact with cared half as much about quality and improvement the world would be a better place.

He did that for me once when I suggested some new delay types a ways back, and I'm not even on the beta team, just a regular Joe. Sent in my settings and the delay types were in a firmware shortly after. Made my day, and made the process of dialing in patches super simple. I love that we, as customers, have the ability to make suggestions and be heard.

Back
Top Bottom