Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta

Hey.
Is the new Zilla fatboy curve compatible with a Zilla Fatboy with Creambacks? Or is it a completely different thing?
Thanks.

My opinion of this design remains:
If these new curves keep adding up, it's going to get way too convoluted real quick.
I believe these curves have to be stored and loaded individually and automatically with each Cab IR. This would be the most user friendly solution...
The curves are relevant to the Amp not the IRs.

FreeMind said: Not yet they aren't. That's the point. The curve within the amp block and the Cab IR have to be linked to achieve the best user experience.
No they don't.

The curve influences the response of the amp.
Both of you are right in either way.

The impedance curve reflects a certain cabinet connected to the amp and works ONLY on the amp block.

But: if authenticity matters the impedance curve should (more or less) reflect the connected cab.

Cab settings work ONLY on cab block and impedance curve works ONLY on amp block. Both settings are completely (!) independent. Each one may or should be chosen (only) to taste.

As always: trust your ears and your taste, not (always) your eyes.

Last edited:
I also have an Akai MPC-X. It's funny how on those rare times they release an update, it's filled with more bugs and features nobody wants and people always are disappointed. Compare and contrast with Fractal. Quite something! Love it.

And the curve is influenced by what speaker (AKA CAB) is connected to the amp.
I'm sorry but I don't agree. Go look at the curve, then change IRs. The curve does not change.

In the real world, yes, there would be a relationship... But currently in the Axe Fx, not.

No. The curve is independent of the cab block. That’s the reason for the parameter being in the amp block.

Bro. I know.
And that's what I think should change. For the sake of authenticity and simplicity - it shouldn't be independent. By default, the impedance curve within the Amp block should always reflect the cab (at least one of them) selected within the Cab block...

Of course, I wouldn't want the ability of choice to be taken away from the user.
So, this dependency should be optional. Those who want less authenticity, but more flexibility, could mix and match different impedance curves with different cabs as they can now...

Back
Top Bottom