Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta

Possible Bug:
Cab Block is loading the expected IR - 1.
Example, factory preset 005 A-Class 15 loads L.082 1x12 VIBRATO LUX MIX instead of L.083 1x12 CLASS-A 15W BLUE MIX.
Example, factory preset 049 JTM 45 load L.068 8x10 SV BASS (RW) instead of L.069 4x12 PRE-ROLA GB C414.
This is happening in my user presets too. I'm getting L.118 instead of L.119 in my AC-20 preset.
I tried a restart and got the same result.
Anyone else?
I'm not seeing this. L.082 is the correct IR for preset 005. Where are you seeing the name? Axe-Edit?
Getting the big loud POP and pegged #2 and #3 output meters thing with 11.02b, so rolling back.
20191219_175526.jpg

Also getting a weird issue with the Controllers list in AxeEdit, but not sure if it is the new AxeEdit or the new 11.02b that is the cause. The controllers used in a preset are missing in the list until accessed via the individual knob/switch with the yellow light on. This happened in a few presets. Will test further with new AxeEdit and 11.01 to see if it is still an issue.

UPDATE/EDIT: It seems to be related more to 11.02b than to the new AxeEdit. All controllers are showing up in the list in AxeEdit with 1.04.00 and 11.01 loaded. Really enjoying the newer features in AxeEdit, but it sure would be nice if a future update snuck in my wish for sorting the controllers list alphabetically. It'd make life so much easier for those weirdos amongst us that use the living daylights out of the controllers.... :)
What do you mean the "controllers used in a preset are missing in the list"? Controllers aren't displayed in a list.

Ok I just Checked this from above:
Quote "Example, factory preset 005 A-Class 15 loads L.082 1x12 VIBRATO LUX MIX instead of L.083 1x12 CLASS-A 15W BLUE MIX"

On My Axe FX III (Firmware 11.01 Axe Edit 1.04.00) it Shows this
Factory preset 005 A-Class 15 loads L.083 1x12 CLASS-A 15W BLUE MIX instead of L.082 1x12 VIBRATO LUX MIX.
Preset Included

Attachments

• A-Class 15.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm not seeing this. L.082 is the correct IR for preset 005. Where are you seeing the name? Axe-Edit?

My error on the preset 005 example. I am seeing this in Axe-Edit 1.04.00.
I just checked cab block on the front panel and here is what I found. Slot 1 number displays Legacy 118 on a preset where I use Legacy 119. The description above the cab slots shows 1: 1x12 AC-20 DLX MIX. If I turn the value knob left one click while on Cab 1 Number, the number stays at 118 and the description above changes to 1: 2x12 SV LEGEND MIX. On subsequent turns of the value knob the IR numbers and descriptions match as expected.

"Example, factory preset 049 JTM 45 load L.068 8x10 SV BASS (RW) instead of L.069 4x12 PRE-ROLA GB C414."

This one loads Correctly on my Axe FX III 049 JTM 45 load L.069 4x12 PRE-ROLA GB C414

What do you mean the "controllers used in a preset are missing in the list"? Controllers aren't displayed in a list.
They are in AxeEdit.
This is the list that wasn't populating until each of them was opened in the block by right-clicking the yellow-lighted button/knob:
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-19%20at%207.23.07%20PM.png

Reverted to 11.01 and it populates automatically again.

Sorry for any confusion around nomenclature.... :)

That's a "Modifier" list. It's an Axe-Edit bug. I've notified the developers.
Hopefully an easy fix. I wasn't sure where the root cause lay, but reported all the symptoms in the earlier post so that they could be read all in one place, without having to jump around the forums.... :)

My error on the preset 005 example. I am seeing this in Axe-Edit 1.04.00.
I just checked cab block on the front panel and here is what I found. Slot 1 number displays Legacy 118 on a preset where I use Legacy 119. The description above the cab slots shows 1: 1x12 AC-20 DLX MIX. If I turn the value knob left one click while on Cab 1 Number, the number stays at 118 and the description above changes to 1: 2x12 SV LEGEND MIX. On subsequent turns of the value knob the IR numbers and descriptions match as expected.
I just created a new preset from the front panel starting from an empty preset. I added a Cab Block. In Cab 1 I selected Factory 1, number 100 and left the other three slots at default Factory 1, number 1. Saved the preset. Navigated to a different preset and back again. Hit Edit. Cab numbers displayed are Factory 1, 99 and the other three slots show Factory 1, number 0.

I just created a new preset from the front panel starting from an empty preset. I added a Cab Block. In Cab 1 I selected Factory 1, number 100 and left the other three slots at default Factory 1, number 1. Saved the preset. Navigated to a different preset and back again. Hit Edit. Cab numbers displayed are Factory 1, 99 and the other three slots show Factory 1, number 0.
Fixed for next release.

Just tried that on my Axe FX III with 11.01 Axe Edit 1.04 and it's working correctly ...

Anyone else seen this bug on the modifier screen? I have seen it in numerous blocks like wah control, amp block output comp level, delay mix & input gain. Also in the reverb input gain but all the parameters are there on the left side but it still has the straight horizontal line in the graph. The modifiers still work but most of them would be impossible to adjust. This is with no Axe Edit, no computer connected.IMG_5369.jpg

Unbelieveable... serious badassery in real time. State of the Art, indeed...! Thanks tonnes, gents, Happy Holidays to all y'all's!

Anyone else seen this bug on the modifier screen? I have seen it in numerous blocks like wah control, amp block output comp level, delay mix & input gain. Also in the reverb input gain but all the parameters are there on the left side but it still has the straight horizontal line in the graph. The modifiers still work but most of them would be impossible to adjust. This is with no Axe Edit, no computer connected.View attachment 61320

Scary pic! Usually I just can't wait but this time I guess it's better to wait for the fix, right?

Possible Bug:
Cab Block is loading the expected IR - 1.
Example, factory preset 005 A-Class 15 loads L.082 1x12 VIBRATO LUX MIX instead of L.083 1x12 CLASS-A 15W BLUE MIX.
Example, factory preset 049 JTM 45 load L.068 8x10 SV BASS (RW) instead of L.069 4x12 PRE-ROLA GB C414.
This is happening in my user presets too. I'm getting L.118 instead of L.119 in my AC-20 preset.
I tried a restart and got the same result.
Anyone else?

Happening here too.

It looks like an Axe-Edit bug, because you can hear the correct IR, and the Axe-FX front panel is displaying the correct IR.

When you press Mute IR on/off at Axe-Edit it will display the correct IR

I prefer it this way because it would be a NIGHTMARE trying to go through thousands of cabs then going through thousands of impedance curves. What lifetime would you finish?
Well, the way I imagine, you wouldn't have to, as it would load the exact one you need automatically...
But if you are a tweaker guy, not someone who just wants an automatic instant authentic result, I can see why you wouldn't want to browse the whole cab list. Perhaps there could be another option, that simply gives the current functionality... It is possible to give everyone what they want, really...

I believe, that ideally there shouldn't be any compromises or approximations in amp modelling, so "They aren't different enough to be note worthy" is not valid. If they are different at all, they are different enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fractal hat OFF. I am impressed but never surprised that more than a decade in to this endeavor Cliff still takes the time to update firmware based on a good suggestion from a single customer. If the other companies we interact with cared half as much about quality and improvement the world would be a better place.
Holy words Matt...

Back
Top Bottom