Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance (my programming experience ended with Pascal in 1980) but isn’t that true of all programming?
Once upon a time i programmed machine code, and fortran. I ended with Visual Basic, and Javascript. It all moves so fast.

Over/Under for which one drops first.....FW12 or FM3 :cool:

Just doing my part to add to the 'thread derailment syndrome'.......I'm still happily on FW11.01

Come on guys, chill, The focus has been, until Cliff gets his computer up and running on windows 10, fw 12 is dead in the water! what's to talk about till progress returns? Hopefully it has.

And sane symmetrical braces not K&R. Except when in Rome. But they're Wrong.
Actually, at my current job, I live in that sort of Rome mostly. Job is awesome in many much more important ways (great boss, company does work that genuinely helps a lot of people who could really use it), but Rome.

Wake me when there's a thread about the beta or progress beyond it.
Speaking of Rome, didn't I already gripe about what happened to this thread and unsub? :)

This talk is about Operating Systems. FW 12 is an Operating System. Cliff is inventing it using a new tool that is not ideal. It would be like if one of us are used to playing a 1967 ES175 and we were forced to instead play a Fender Squire (single coil) with Pat Metheny. It would take some tweaking...

Computer is all set now. My three most important programs had installation problems: Matlab simply wouldn't install regardless of compatibility settings, had to upgrade. In fairness it was the 2006 version. OrCad license manager wouldn't install. Futzed around with the hasp drivers and now it works. Code Composer wouldn't import my projects correctly, had to rebuild manually.

Development software is always problematic because it's not used by the masses and often uses licensing schemes that cause problems.

Windows 10 sucks though. I've got it set up the best I can but the look and feel sucks. A bunch of white rectangles doesn't feel like "progress". Don't like Visual Studio 2019 either. Went back to my trusty VS 2008. I just use it as an editor. Tried VS Code. Don't like that either. I guess I'm different. I like the old MDI paradigm but it seems as though that's frowned upon now.
I guess Firmware 12.0 is right around the corner...??

Debatable. I still prefer it to Windows for all the Linux-targeted work I do. That I can get a Terminal that behaves correctly is what matters most to me.
I've been meaning to try WSL for this reason, seems really interesting. Not that I do much in a terminal even on OSX or Linux, but still.

A MacBook Pro can run a full studio, and not sweat doing it.
The price includes Hardware that won’t fail or let you down, native audio and video applications (industry standard), and OS for life.

I’m on year seven with my 2013 MacBook Pro, it still runs flawlessly, and the CPU is yet to be too slow for full mixes. My investment is currently at the $350 / year mark, when spreading it out over 7 years.

I have piles of PC’s in the basement!
They were cheaper, ran ok at times, but crashed frequently.

The bottom line is I want to be as productive as possible!

Troubleshooting, rebuilding, and hard drive forensics is NOT getting things done.

I’m not getting any younger, that’s for sure:rolleyes:

I've repaired enough MacBook's over the years to know that the hardware can fail an can let you down. No laptop form factor computer is immune from hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom