Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I.

And sane symmetrical braces not K&R. Except when in Rome. But they're Wrong.

This thread actually got me to price out a MacBook Pro, because they do seem to have great longevity (and they look cool, but I don't care). When I hit $3600 for a 16" 32G RAM 2TB drive I stopped, not to mention that Mac Pro starts at $6k. Insane. The "The best for the brightest" tagline grosses me out too.

Wake me when there's a thread about the beta or progress beyond it.

I've been on Win 7 forever very reluctant to upgrade to 10. This FW 11.02 beta4 thread keeps on giving with Flanger tweaks and awesome tips-and-tricks for win 7->10 migration!

Still... do I have to??? :confounded:
Disconnect the internet on W7, and use a thumb drive for new firmware

I have to read and modify other peoples code. Sometimes its not easy to look at.
Kinda like JavaScript lol. A colon instead of a semi colon, and nothing works. Then you have to find it. At least these days editors have colors, and can even find the mistake

Kinda like JavaScript lol. A colon instead of a semi colon, and nothing works. Then you have to find it. At least these days editors have colors, and can even find the mistake
Colon and semicolon aren't interchangeable, duh ;)

But neither one on the end of a line works until it's minified, then maybe not.

And yay for IntelliJ IDEA, love it.

This thread actually got me to price out a MacBook Pro, because they do seem to have great longevity (and they look cool, but I don't care). When I hit $3600 for a 16" 32G RAM 2TB drive I stopped, not to mention that Mac Pro starts at $6k. Insane.
Look at refurb Macs. My refurbed 24” iMac (i7, quad core, Thunderbolt, 24GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) was under $1500, and I’ve had it for 6 years with zero problems. I’m hoping to run it for 10 years.

Look at refurb Macs. My refurbed 24” iMac (i7, quad core, Thunderbolt, 24GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) was under $1500, and I’ve had it for 6 years with zero problems. I’m hoping to run it for 10 years.
A MacBook Pro can run a full studio, and not sweat doing it.
The price includes Hardware that won’t fail or let you down, native audio and video applications (industry standard), and OS for life.

I’m on year seven with my 2013 MacBook Pro, it still runs flawlessly, and the CPU is yet to be too slow for full mixes. My investment is currently at the $350 / year mark, when spreading it out over 7 years.

I have piles of PC’s in the basement!
They were cheaper, ran ok at times, but crashed frequently.

The bottom line is I want to be as productive as possible!

Troubleshooting, rebuilding, and hard drive forensics is NOT getting things done.

I’m not getting any younger, that’s for sure:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom