Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I work with computers all day long. I dont do that much with them after work other than surf the forums. A 10 year old computer works great for that.
I use my mac to develop and it crashes more often than my windows (obviously because my win10 never crashes)...
Anyway, mac is in (big) minority for many reasons in the world.
Mac and Win don't concure each other, they just make our lives more complicated, it's really time to simplify and so Apple should adopt Win ;) (yes trolling a little)

Well, I have three IMacs 27" here in my house. They are from 2018. Last month, I sold my Mac Mini from 2010 for 100 bucks. ;-) I never turned off the Mini in all that time (only Sleep mode). Thats quality.

I bought a new Mini for my new UAD Arrow.

I still have my Mac Book Pro from 2014. Still a fantastic notebook (besides there is no Thunderbolt 3, so I can't use my arrow when traveling)
But the MacBooks always travels with my AXE3 cause I never use the front panel. Never learned it:p

On all my Macs, I never had this spinning ball. I mainly use Logic, Wavelab and other audio software. Office stuff for sure. But no coding. I am a musician and not a programmer. No games at all ;-)

In some of the bands I play, we us a PC for Midas M32 Live or Behringer. Windows 10 is a desaster. But hey, a windows notebook is a piece of garbage and so it stays in the Midas rack all the time. From time to time we throw it away and get a new one ;-)

Btw, all Macs are online all the time. No antivirus software needed. ;-)

Nothing new. Auto makers have been doing that for over a century. Also, how is a company supposed to stay in business if they don't bring out improved or new products. How many of us here are eagerly awaiting a new product from Fractal?
VW did just fine with the Beetle from 1949 through 1977, with essentially the same overall design from the late 1930s and some improved mechanical bits over time. They kept building that same design clear into the '90s in Mexico and Brazil.

Well, I have three IMacs 27" here in my house. They are from 2018. Last month, I sold my Mac Mini from 2010 for 100 bucks. ;-) I never turned off the Mini in all that time (only Sleep mode). Thats quality.

I bought a new Mini for my new UAD Arrow.

I still have my Mac Book Pro from 2014. Still a fantastic notebook (besides there is no Thunderbolt 3, so I can't use my arrow when traveling)
But the MacBooks always travels with my AXE3 cause I never use the front panel. Never learned it:p

On all my Macs, I never had this spinning ball. I mainly use Logic, Wavelab and other audio software. Office stuff for sure. But no coding. I am a musician and not a programmer. No games at all ;-)

In some of the bands I play, we us a PC for Midas M32 Live or Behringer. Windows 10 is a desaster. But hey, a windows notebook is a piece of garbage and so it stays in the Midas rack all the time. From time to time we throw it away and get a new one ;-)

Btw, all Macs are online all the time. No antivirus software needed. ;-)
This!

My MacBook Pro is a 2013 with an I7 Intel, and its been running 24/7 since 13'
I do heavy audio processing, and heavy 3D cad like image processing.
I can't believe it still keeps up! If it died tomorrow it wouldn't owe me a thing.

Reactions: jon
VW did just fine with the Beetle from 1949 through 1977, with essentially the same overall design from the late 1930s and some improved mechanical bits over time. They kept building that same design clear into the '90s in Mexico and Brazil.
That pancake engine was indestructible!

That's one car. I had one, a 65. Worst piece of crap I have ever driven LOL! They also came out with many other models too.

That's one car. I had one, a 65. Worst piece of crap I have ever driven LOL! They also came out with many other models too.
True, they did come out with new models, but those also tended toward mechanical improvements over new bodywork every year. Pretty progressive designs, really, with EFI starting in '71 or '72 on the type 3. I grew up with the John Muir "Compleat Idiot" VW repair manual. The Beetle was as easy to maintain as a lawnmower. It just ran, as long as you kept up on maintenance.

... the 90s called... they want their "my OS and/ or DAW is better than yours" threads back...

checked in here for some thread related content just made me feel like I accidentally timewarped...

If one of you really knowledgeable guys really cared about us, you’d private message Cliff and offer to help him resolve his computer woes.

(ducks behind ‘73 Gremlin)
Computer is all set now. My three most important programs had installation problems: Matlab simply wouldn't install regardless of compatibility settings, had to upgrade. In fairness it was the 2006 version. OrCad license manager wouldn't install. Futzed around with the hasp drivers and now it works. Code Composer wouldn't import my projects correctly, had to rebuild manually.

Development software is always problematic because it's not used by the masses and often uses licensing schemes that cause problems.

Windows 10 sucks though. I've got it set up the best I can but the look and feel sucks. A bunch of white rectangles doesn't feel like "progress". Don't like Visual Studio 2019 either. Went back to my trusty VS 2008. I just use it as an editor. Tried VS Code. Don't like that either. I guess I'm different. I like the old MDI paradigm but it seems as though that's frowned upon now.

Atom is a nice editor with a lot of plugins. I generally use it for node js and other non-cpp stuff. I also prefer VS2k8 editor for that, especially with Unreal engine stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom