Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing with computers has really improved in the last ten years. It's all about making money now. Functionality and performance have taken a back seat to gimmicks and data harvesting.

My iPhone OS updated a couple weeks ago. First thing it asks me is to create my "Animoji". Crissakes....

Can't stand Apple products. Too proprietary for me. I'm a Chevy guy and can't stand Fords. We could drag this thread into cars and trucks?!?! This will all be lost when 12 drops. Soon

I use my mac to develop and it crashes more often than my windows (obviously because my win10 never crashes)...
Anyway, mac is in (big) minority for many reasons in the world.
Mac and Win don't concure each other, they just make our lives more complicated, it's really time to simplify and so Apple should adopt Win ;) (yes trolling a little)
Hey Al.

Are your developer tools on a windows partition within the MAC, or parallels etc?
Are they third party?
Only one program crashes on my MAC, and its windows based running off of Crossover.

I think being off topic in this thread is good therapy, while waiting for firmware.

..............Especially since the hold up is WINDOWS based lol.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey Al.
Are your developer tools on a windows partition within the MAC, or parallels etc?
Are they third party?
Only one program crashes on my MAC, and its windows based running off of Crossover.
Hey
No i have a mac mini used only for compiling Mac /ios...

People are culprit... They buy new iPhones even if nothing is new on the latest version...

My computer is 9 years old and works like a charm, i only changed its gfx card
Exactly. I work with computers all day long. I dont do that much with them after work other than surf the forums. A 10 year old computer works great for that.

Planned obsolescence is rampant in the world today. Gotta generate new revenue and get that repeat business....
Absolutely correct!
Apples OSX is baked into the price of the MAC purchase, which protects us from exactly what you're saying.

I still have a perfectly running PC running Windows XP Pro for scientific purposes, but i pulled the wireless ethernet card out lol

People are culprit... They buy new iPhones even if nothing is new on the latest version...

My computer is 9 years old and works like a charm, i only changed its gfx card
Marketing is the issue. People are bombarded with smiling faces of people with the latest/greatest new and "improved" stuff and are not educated well enough to avoid being made to feel "less than" if they don't keep up with the Joneses. We are divided into Mac vs. Windows, Ford vs. Chevy, jam vs. jelly, etc. and that division is used to fire up sales of the latest brand X _____ that is "better than" the current brand Y _____ that the crummy people down the street use/drive/eat/etc. Marketing does that to people.

One of the best features about my AxeFX3 is the small amount of marketing combined with the overall quality and longevity of the product itself, and that there are firmware updates that make it work better every now and again. They don't sit on progress to maximize profits. They don't charge you for each new version.... :)

Marketing is the issue. People are bombarded with smiling faces of people with the latest/greatest new and "improved" stuff and are not educated well enough to avoid being made to feel "less than" if they don't keep up with the Joneses. We are divided into Mac vs. Windows, Ford vs. Chevy, jam vs. jelly, etc. and that division is used to fire up sales of the latest brand X _____ that is "better than" the current brand Y _____ that the crummy people down the street use/drive/eat/etc. Marketing does that to people.

One of the best features about my AxeFX3 is the small amount of marketing combined with the overall quality and longevity of the product itself, and that there are firmware updates that make it work better every now and again. They don't sit on progress to maximize profits. They don't charge you for each new version.... :)
Amen brother!

Nothing with computers has really improved in the last ten years. It's all about making money now. Functionality and performance have taken a back seat to gimmicks and data harvesting.

My iPhone OS updated a couple weeks ago. First thing it asks me is to create my "Animoji". Crissakes....
At least SSD drives are faster, smaller, and have no rotational platters.
Animoji, skip lol!

Very well said Joe!

One product that conquers the divide is the AXE FX III, and other Fractal products!
No toaster or other gimmicky imitation will be able to keep up with Cliff and his team!

I'm all in....... hook, line and sinker.

Marketing is the issue. People are bombarded with smiling faces of people with the latest/greatest new and "improved" stuff and are not educated well enough to avoid being made to feel "less than" if they don't keep up with the Joneses.
Nothing new. Auto makers have been doing that for over a century. Also, how is a company supposed to stay in business if they don't bring out improved or new products. How many of us here are eagerly awaiting a new product from Fractal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom