Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there, You'll get used to it. I know people have their reasons for avoiding upgrades and I've been annoyed with them too. Android 10 navigation button options suck ass compared to Pie... But I digress. My advice is always to upgrade as they come in and adapt to each small change before it's a lot of things to adapt to at once. People who avoid updates for years and then have to learn everything at once have the biggest issues because set themselves up for the biggest learning curve. I don't always follow my own advice mind you, I avoided windows 8 like the plague but I don't think anyone would blame people for steering clear of that train wreck. Windows 10 has its issues but it's actually got a lot of nice features that I would probably miss if I sat down at a windows 7 machine.
Nope, Windows 10 is a steaming pile of crap.

1. Performing a search in Explorer works once then the search box either turns gray or simply doesn't allow text entry. You have to restart the app. Apparently this has been broken since November!!!!
2. No consistency among settings stuff. It's all over the place and some of it is the new "minimalist" look and some of it is the old Windows style.
3. Settings are scattered seemingly randomly. To uninstall (which I've had to do dozens of times because half my programs won't install right) you have to click "Apps and Features" and then find the "Programs and Features" link. Stupid.
4. Many of my most important programs simply won't install. Matlab, Orcad, etc. License managers won't run and throw bizarre errors. Strange errors about "folder ownership".
5. To move a window you have to just sort of guess where to grab it. There's an area at the top but it's not delineated in any way so if you click too far down it won't grab.
6. The one pixel border around windows makes it really hard to navigate. Sometimes I'll think I'm in another window because two windows are on top of one another and look like one.
7. The ribbon bar... oh the ribbon bar. Who thought that was a good idea?
8. The File button... oh the File button. Who though that was a good idea? If I want to save a file I hit the File button and a completely different UI is displayed and the email/file etc. I want to save isn't even visible.
9. Z-ordering is still broken and seems worse then Windows 7.
10. The Start menu. Wow. Really?

Nope, Windows 10 is a steaming pile of crap.

1. Performing a search in Explorer works once then the search box either turns gray or simply doesn't allow text entry. You have to restart the app. Apparently this has been broken since November!!!!
2. No consistency among settings stuff. It's all over the place and some of it is the new "minimalist" look and some of it is the old Windows style.
3. Settings are scattered seemingly randomly. To uninstall (which I've had to do dozens of times because half my programs won't install right) you have to click "Apps and Features" and then find the "Programs and Features" link. Stupid.
4. Many of my most important programs simply won't install. Matlab, Orcad, etc. License managers won't run and throw bizarre errors. Strange errors about "folder ownership".
5. To move a window you have to just sort of guess where to grab it. There's an area at the top but it's not delineated in any way so if you click too far down it won't grab.
6. The one pixel border around windows makes it really hard to navigate. Sometimes I'll think I'm in another window because two windows are on top of one another and look like one.
7. The ribbon bar... oh the ribbon bar. Who thought that was a good idea?
8. The File button... oh the File button. Who though that was a good idea? If I want to save a file I hit the File button and a completely different UI is displayed and the email/file etc. I want to save isn't even visible.
9. Z-ordering is still broken and seems worse then Windows 7.
10. The Start menu. Wow. Really?
Did you install classic shell explorer and aero glass?
Once done, everything works as it used to in win7

Oh and i think the ribbon is good when you have a lot of functionalities to put in a toolbar

Did you install classic shell explorer and aero glass?
Once done, everything works as it used to in win7

Oh and i think the ribbon is good when you have a lot of functionalities to put in a toolbar
No, that stuff always causes problems with future updates.

Oh, and the Show Desktop "button" is a tiny sliver in the lower right corner that, if you are using multiple monitors, is nearly impossible to click on. I guess we're just supposed to know that a one pixel white line at the edge of the taskbar means "show desktop".

Oh, and the Show Desktop "button" is a tiny sliver in the lower right corner that, if you are using multiple monitors, is nearly impossible to click on. I guess we're just supposed to know that a one pixel white line at the edge of the taskbar means "show desktop".
Maybe you should better have kept a win7 machine, isolated from the internet so no risk...

I think most problems with programs installation on win 10 derive from windows defender and smartscreen, maybe try disable those 2 things if you haven't already.

I actually rebuild my win 7 UI with all the options win 10 had to offer ... it's not exactly the same, but close enough for me. I got used to it.

Still like Windows 7 more ...

Last edited:
Maybe you should better have kept a win7 machine, isolated from the internet so no risk...
A better option is to create a dual boot setup: Windows 7 and Windows 10. That’s what I have been running since Windows 10 came out. Since Windows 7 is no longer supported don’t connect to the internet, just copy any files created on the 7 drive or partition and paste the files on the Windows 10 drive for internet distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom