Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible bug:

While playing with self oscillation in the Flanger block the AxeFX III crashed (no sound, all four output meter on the front panel completely lit). So far I verified that this happens with the 'Analog Stereo' and 'D/AD 185' types.

This only seems to happen when Axe-Edit is open, and happens whether editing on the front panel or through Axe-Edit. When editing from the front panel (and Axe-Edit not running) I was unable to repeat the crash.

ETA: I forgot to note that crashes occurred with Rate, Depth, Feedback, and Manual controls set to full clockwise.

I've run out of time to test further today. Maybe others can have a look.
This happened to me once so far as well

Possible bug:

While playing with self oscillation in the Flanger block the AxeFX III crashed (no sound, all four output meter on the front panel completely lit). So far I verified that this happens with the 'Analog Stereo' and 'D/AD 185' types.

This only seems to happen when Axe-Edit is open, and happens whether editing on the front panel or through Axe-Edit. When editing from the front panel (and Axe-Edit not running) I was unable to repeat the crash.

ETA: I forgot to note that crashes occurred with Rate, Depth, Feedback, and Manual controls set to full clockwise.

I think that’s what happened to me. I thought it was from changing the amp, now I think it was the Flanger ... I have to confirm this when I get back in front of my axe, either way, great sounds !!!!!

11.02 public beta #5 (Beta 4) -
Gigged with this version over the weekend. All good. Sunday night I updated my FC12 switch preferences via Axe edit.
This morning, upon bootup, all the mini screens are blank and my updated FC12 variables (display time, bank size, etc have reset to defaults) .
I have the same problem with my fc 12 , all the mini screens are blank .... can't believe !!!

Ive had random pop no sound meters pegged time for a reboot on all the 11. updates only when the computer is connected with AxeEdit open. No rhyme or reason not twerking anything just pop goes the axe. No issues when not connected to the computer. Mac OSX 10.14.6

There were no changes to the amp modeling.

Wow! That is great to hear. I'll try it again when the official firmware is released. The new ADA flanger is really good. Thanks!

Maybe something went wrong when installing the beta firmware (if that's possible), or something going on with the new Axe Edit preview. It definitely sounded way darker, muddy, and undefined. For the first time I decided to roll back to the previous 11.01 firmware and Axe Edit and it immediately sounded great again.

Last edited:
Wow! That is great to hear. I'll try it again when the official firmware is released. The new ADA flanger is really good. Thanks!

Maybe something went wrong when installing the beta firmware (if that's possible), or something going on with the new Axe Edit preview. It definitely sounded way darker, muddy, and undefined. For the first time I decided to roll back to the previous 11.01 firmware and Axe Edit and it immediately sounded great again.
Check your filter controls in the cab block. I had what seemed like some odd values there after upgrading which, if changed with the update, would impact tone (I'm using 3rd party irs in this cab block instance). I'm not 100% sure as I did not remember their pre-update value and can't hear a difference in tone from what I remember before updating. I reset them back to min/max which made a slight difference with the block setting I'm using / maybe more difference for others.

Possible bug:

If it is only happening when AXE Edit is open, it may be due to the fact that AXE Edit is not fully updated.

I noticed when I installed the latest beta my low pass in the cab block was reset to default 10k from where I had it set to max. If you had yours set above 10k it could be the issue.

Question about the Flanger block. If I were to translate the settings on the MXR 117 to the settings in the Ax3 Flanger block ... Does

Manual(MXR-117) = rate(Ax3),
Width (MXR-117) = depth(Ax3),
Speed(MXR-117) = rate(Ax3)
Regen(MXR-117) = Feedback(Ax3)?

I'm referring to the Ax3 Manual pages 86 and 87. Apologies if this has been answered previously and thank you in advance!

I just confirmed on my Axe Fx (still on 11.01) that with the parameter set to Yes, when I load a preset that I have saved since the option was added that the Edited light does not come on. If I change to a preset that was not updated then the light does come on.
I just confirmed the same thing on the current beta.

I see the same thing coming from the earlier 11.01 beta with already-saved new cab impedance curves.

Comparing the 2 versions of the preset - the original and one re-saved with the latest beta, there are a small number of differences in the .syx file. Some would be expected, ie. the first and last line have differences, likely to different version numbers being saved, maybe a checksum at the end. But there is also a difference in the middle of the file as well (line 19 in an online diff checker).

I also compared the original preset to the updated one using Fractool, and the preset values it exposes there are exactly the same.

Since Fractool is reading the preset values the same, it could just be a re-numbering of the cab impedance curve values to match up with the latest version. So if all sounds the same, probably nothing to see here ;).

So with all this flanger updates has anyone managed to dial in the exact EVH Unchained sound. I tried what "Ed" supposedly does but I think that is a little off, meaning all around 11 and region almost all the way.

So with all this flanger updates has anyone managed to dial in the exact EVH Unchained sound. I tried what "Ed" supposedly does but I think that is a little off, meaning all around 11 and region almost all the way.
I’m sure everyone will be jumping all over the flanger, and the signal path, once were out of beta stage. I know I will lol

The virtual pots in the Mxf model probably aren’t exactly the same as the pots on the real pedal, so take EVH’s settings as a starting point and adjust where necessary.

The virtual pots in the Mxf model probably aren’t exactly the same as the pots on the real pedal, so take EVH’s settings as a starting point and adjust where necessary.
I’m still waiting for final release to try it. I’m at 11.02 beta and having a few issues with muddy presets. Seems to be EQ low and high cut settings that have shifted, so I’ll just wait on this one to be final.

Added separate Filter Slope controls for the Cabinet block. The range of the slopes has been extended to include 18 and 24 dB/octave. Existing presets will be automatically updated to the correct values based on the previous Filter Slope value.
Seems to be EQ low and high cut settings that have shifted

Are you saying the actual freq values have changed, or are the slopes incorrect? It looks like functionally/tone-wise nothing should have changed, only copying the existing combined slope parameter to separate ones. If there is an actual bug, please capture it (e.g. with a preset showing before/after updating.)

Try this :
Manual 10:00
Width 10:00
Speed 8:00
Regen 5:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom