Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard so much flanger! :)

I’ve always been a flan of flanger, much more than of chorus. But TBH, the differences between all these flanger pedals aren’t that big from a listener’s perspective.

I doubt most listeners can even tell chorus from phaser from flanger even lol

we guitar players sweat the small details like if it’s a reticon chip deluxe v4 vs the newer deluxe with a different bbd like it’s a night and day, life and death difference, and most of our audience probably isn’t even aware if we turned the pedal on or not....

we guitar players sweat the small details like if it’s a reticon chip deluxe v4 vs the newer deluxe with a different bbd like it’s a night and day, life and death difference, and most of our audience probably isn’t even aware if we turned the pedal on or not....

True.

...but I'm aware, and I'm good with that. :)

Had some spike during a scene change with this FW. lots of scene swaps have been OK, can't reproduce easily, but it defo was digital spike as my clip light on my interface warning lit up. Haven't heard it since.

has a 2nd IR player block get added recently, or am I just not paying attention...?..
edit: I THINK it is the latter........

Last edited:
this FW sounds amazing, as if I need to say this again, but it’s true. ( and have had no crashes or glitches since the initial snafu I had..so far)
especially with the freshly tweaked @austinbuddy Naked amp rigs......Heaven Eleven!
(if you haven’t visited it recently , give the CAE+ clean a go. )

Oh, the audience. "No, no guitar amps can't be tube amps, these are long gone - we live in a world of computers and smart phones" Or: "Why do you own more than three guitars? You can only play one at time ..."

@FractalAudio First of all, the firmware is sounding great. Secondly, are there any advanced parameters in the amp block we can tweak to get the preamp modeling in between 11.01 and the first 11.02 beta? The first 11.02 beta felt really clear...almost too clear if that’s even a thing, and the current 11.02 beta feels a little darker, which is absolutely fine.

My Goldilocks feel would be right in the middle and I was curious if there was a way to manually get that?

I am so happy about this release. I will up late playing around with these flangers. I really was bumped about not having the MXR flanger in Axe and now here it is. Awesome!!

What an update! I just tweaked and played for 8 hours straight. New flangers are amazing! I’ve never owned a real Electric Mistress, but I can understand now why it’s so popular. Crank up all the controls and it’s pure magic.

Min and max delay time is a keeper. I just emulated a Dod FX75B according to the specs in the manual. Will have to test it against the real thing.

Could we get the Focus feature for chorus block too? I suppose that’s the same feature as in the newer MXR Stereo Chorus.

Thank you so much Cliff and FAS once again.

July 17th 1981 Madison Square Garden Fair Warning Tour
I sold my MXR Distortion+ and a Cry Baby WahWah to buy
a 1st Row Ticket in front of Eddie. I’ll never forget it..
The MXR Flanger that he used that night was set as follows:
Manual 10:00
Width 10:00
Speed 8:00
Regen 5:00

Whilst this is true, i would argue that if we the player gets more inspired or excited by the tone we hear and feel coming out of our rigs then we'll be more into what we're playing and the audience gets a better performance to enjoy, or we as guitarists get more out of the show by enjoying it more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom