Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #4 (Beta_3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll repeat my question here:

Did anyone check what's new in the flanger block?
I'm away from my axe right now and cannot install the update but I'm really curious about this cuz I have a feeling it has something to do with my mistress sim thread :hearteyes:

About the Flanger:

1. The Delay parameter on the Basic page has been replaced by a "Manual" knob. It functions the same as a typical pedal/rack flanger. To manually control the flanging set Depth to zero. Higher values of Manual increase the minimum delay time and reduce the LFO sensitivity.

2. There are now separate Minimum Time and Maximum time parameters. These set (not unsurprisingly) the minimum and maximum delay time when the Depth is at maximum and Manual is at minimum. These are updated when the type is changed.

3.The "Focus" parameter cuts the bass in the wet path but unlike a low cut compensates the dry path so the net frequency response is flatter.

4. There are three "VCO Curve" types. Linear yields a linear delay time vs. LFO. Exponential gives an exponential response which can be more "musical" because the notches will move linearly with the logarithm of frequency. Square-law is sort of in-between and is what the old A/DA flanger used. The previous firmware was always Exponential.

5. There are five new types based on classic pedals. The MXF-117 is based on the MXR 117, the BBF-2 is based on the Boss BF-2, the Electric Mystery and Deluxe Mystery are based on the Electric Mistress and the D/AD 185 is based on the aforementioned A/DA flanger.

Sounds great, especially the new flanger, but my layouts seem to be doing strange things, mostly to do with missing buttons. The main display tells me the preset and scene, but the buttons in all my layouts have gone walkabout, including all my PPO switches:
20191227_183332.jpg

Even in the layouts in AxeEdit, they seem to be lost in bush country:
Screen%20Shot%202019-12-27%20at%206.32.43%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202019-12-27%20at%206.32.49%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202019-12-27%20at%206.32.55%20PM.png

Will revert back to 11.01 and await further info.... :)

About the Flanger:

1. The Delay parameter on the Basic page has been replaced by a "Manual" knob. It functions the same as a typical pedal/rack flanger. To manually control the flanging set Depth to zero. Higher values of Manual increase the minimum delay time and reduce the LFO sensitivity.

2. There are now separate Minimum Time and Maximum time parameters. These set (not unsurprisingly) the minimum and maximum delay time when the Depth is at maximum and Manual is at minimum. These are updated when the type is changed.

3.The "Focus" parameter cuts the bass in the wet path but unlike a low cut compensates the dry path so the net frequency response is flatter.

4. There are three "VCO Curve" types. Linear yields a linear delay time vs. LFO. Exponential gives an exponential response which can be more "musical" because the notches will move linearly with the logarithm of frequency. Square-law is sort of in-between and is what the old A/DA flanger used. The previous firmware was always Exponential.

5. There are five new types based on classic pedals. The MXF-117 is based on the MXR 117, the BBF-2 is based on the Boss BF-2, the Electric Mystery and Deluxe Mystery are based on the Electric Mistress and the D/AD 185 is based on the aforementioned A/DA flanger.
OMG!! 😍
Everything I could have wished for the flanger in a single update!
Thank you Mr Chase!!

I also have blank screens on my FC-12 (for me, just like the beta release earlier today).
So I too will revert to the earlier version (11p2_beta1).
Also, as a note, Axe Edit shows that something needs to be saved on every preset I go to.

Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to trying it again soon.

I also have blank screens on my FC-12 (for me, just like the beta release earlier today).
So I too will revert to the earlier version (11p2_beta1).
Also, as a note, Axe Edit shows that something needs to be saved on every preset I go to.

Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to trying it again soon.
Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom