Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #2

Well then it must be my ears, because I can hear NO difference in those samples of Jason's. Also, I note he doesn't say which is Beta 1 and which is Beta 2. So maybe those who say they can hear a difference, especially those who think there is more top end, should state which one they think is which, then Jason can provide the answer in a day or two?

For me sample 1 has more top end. For me very noticeable.

For me sample 1 has more top end.

But how can that be if Jason found that the frequency spectrum was a perfect overlay match between the two samples? Especially now that he's made the absolute levels the same? There must be something going on here that can't be measured.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter. If there’s more top end, reduce it to get what you need. We all perceive things differently whether it’s there or not. Different words are used as well which confuses things.

Some hear it some don’t. Adjust what needs to be adjusted, that's really it.

Anyone played with the new Flanger block features?

Looking forward to giving this a go today.

One member was going to recreate the electric mistress (he need the new parameters) and was going to post the block when he had it dialed in

Just spent an hour with the Deluxe Tweed and my old Tele and Duo Jet. Damn. I wish I understood how the Axe is so much better than every other modeling (or profiling) solution I’ve tried. I truly don’t know how it works but I do know I don’t need to buy any new amps. I remember when I heard profiling was better for pure amp tone and the axe had better effects. I just don’t agree at all. I can throw on a record and nail the tone with relative ease. I mean NAIL it. I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but I’m continually impressed every time I try a new amp model or effect.

Cheers to Cliff and his team. It’s incredible what they’ve accomplished and I’m excited for the future

One member was going to recreate the electric mistress (he need the new parameters) and was going to post the block when he had it dialed in
That was me, I'm working on it but atm I'm stuck cuz I repeated the measurements I did some weeks ago but I got completely different results, maybe there's something wrong with the mistress, I hope I haven't damaged anything when I desoldered a couple resistors :sweatsmile:

That was me, I'm working on it but atm I'm stuck cuz I repeated the measurements I did some weeks ago but I got completely different results, maybe there's something wrong with the mistress, I hope I haven't damaged anything when I desoldered a couple resistors :sweatsmile:
I couldn't find anything in the schematics to support your measurements. The dry path has a bit of low cut but I don't see anything that would limit the high frequency response.

I couldn't find anything in the schematics to support your measurements. The dry path has a bit of low cut but I don't see anything that would limit the high frequency response.

This is the frequency response of the dry path in my pedal, but as I said I don't know if it's correct at this point, I must check if there's some faulty connection in the pedal

Mistress dry.jpg

PS: this is the schematic of my version (9V mistress "V6"), to measure the two paths (dry or wet) I simply disconnect the 8.2k or the 13k resistor near the output.

1981-electric-mistress-v6-schematic.gif

Maybe it's that 47n shunt capacitor at the output causing the high frequency roll-off?

Same issue here - in Preset Manager I dragged a bunch of ab presets across and pressed save - All outputs pegged (IE all led segments on)... then screen when black (after a few minutes... and a couple of broken white lined dislayed... I turned the thing off.
When I turned back on, unit bootyed ok (silent 'phew' from me)

Update - FYI, I went back to Axe-Manage presets, and saw that around half to two thirds (of around 120 presets) had been updated ok.
I then went and loaded about 10 at a time, pressing save after each 10, with no issues.

Thanks
Pauly
Potential Bug
Not sure if this was mentioned. When I try to move more than two rows of patches in Axe Edit my outputs spike and all outputs are all red on Axe front panel. Eventually my screen will turn white. When I reboot everything is back to normal

Having a thrash on this at the moment. The Zilla Imp curve works very nice with just about anything for chugga chugga stuff and the Flanger block is crazy flexible now!

I did notice that any existing presets with a PEQ block had the PEQ graphic read flat (Axe-Edit and hardware) until I nudged one of the values. Everything returned to normal after that.

Bug? Someone try the Hipower curve and see if you get some really bad sounding noise coming out. Its not good on my end here.

Same thing happened to me, anybody have an idea what’s wrong? I had to turn off and start again, happened twice, obviously won’t try that curve again until further notice...

I've just updated from 11.01 to 11.02 (beta02) and I'm getting the very loud pop in my speakers when I change presets and the 4 Output LEDs go to Red. The steps I take recreate are:
1) First I open AxeEdit and go to my preset01 which is empty
2) Use FractalBot to update to 11.02 (beta02)
3) Turn off AxeFX (as per update process)
4) Turn on (it defaults to my first preset which is a blank one. Everything is fine at this point.
5) Use the Preset+ button on my GT22 to go to preset 02 and the loud pop happens and Ouput LEDs get stuck on red

My setup is:
  • AxeFX3 connected to Atomic CLRs via Output 1
  • AxeFX3 connected to MacBook Pro via USB
  • Axe-Edit is 1.04.00
  • GT22 on latest 4.4.1 FW
  • GT22 connected using XLR6 connection
The update file I used is called axefxiii_dsp_rel_11p02_beta1.syx, I have downloaded it twice to be certain I have not accidentally gone for Beta0.

Would it help if I uploaded my presets to troubleshoot? Not sure if this is related to a setting in a preset or my global settings.

I have reverted back to 11.01 and everything is fine there.

I think this is the same problem as REDD and I posted about...

there's some fizzy distortion (especially from a neck humbucker) now that wasn't there before. I noticed it mostly with the Deluxe Reverb and the JTM 45 jumpered

Same thing happened to me, anybody have an idea what’s wrong? I had to turn off and start again, happened twice, obviously won’t try that curve again until further notice...
I also had a strange noise after the update. I was on Burg’s Hipower preset and the sound was just like I had no guitar plugged on my input jack cable. A kind of rumble rising up like a feedback would. I downloaded the preset again and it is gone...

Austin Buddy's Hipower preset also pegs the meters and causes a full system crash about 30 seconds later. i rolled back to 11.01 and all was fine.

Back
Top Bottom