Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #2

Pretty notable improvements to me on the clean amps (Fender, Vox etc).

Less clear improvement on the high gain stuff, but definitely subtle improvement I'd say.

Am I the only one that finds it really hard to dial in a bad sound anymore?

Honestly i dont really know how the cleans can improve
The Matchless and /13 are some of the most dynamic bouncy chimey
Sounds i have ever played
Seriously good

Just gave it a rip and the difference is pretty noticeable. I don't know if one affects the other, but it sounds like the top end has a little more "immediacy"...if that makes sense. Palm mutes have a little more teeth to them, and the low end feels like it's cleaned up a bit. I'm finding myself turning down my treble or presence a tad and it feels fantastic. Lots of clarity with complex chords even with a lot of gain. REALLY liking the steeper slopes in the cab block for tightening up low end on certain amps. You can still get the thunder without the unwanted rumble.

My ears are happy.

Thanks Justin for the info
Btw your Matchless pack w the
DC and /13 is incredible

Firmware Fridays are still alive and well! Thank you FAS. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed how Cliff and Austinbuddy discussed how to tweak/improve the zeppelin preset pack...not only does Cliff think enough of his customers to continually and frequently improve the product, somehow he finds time to help others as well! Simply amazing and awesome...so happy to be part of this.

Nice, so the preamp upgrade drops two weeks after I switch my setup from power amp and cab to a FRFR because I was missing out on all of the upgraded power amp goodness in the Axe FX. Eager to check it out once I finish the last few guitar takes for my current recording project.

Side note, I would love if the FW announcement thread contained some more details about the modelling improvements. Not neccessarily on a technical level - I know Fractal has trade secrets to protect - but at least a short description of what to expect or which amps / playstyles / tones are affected. For example, something like "try the plexi style amps with mid to high gain" or "palm mutes now go bong instead of bzzt" ;)

Bug? Someone try the Hipower curve and see if you get some really bad sounding noise coming out. Its not good on my end here.

Just another small improvement of the preamp without further details? Really? Maybe my ears are borked or placebo finally got me, but this is a hughe to me. It feels so much better now. Outstanding.
So tubeyish, if 'tubeyish' exists. Even tibeisher than most of the real stuff.
BTW my presets sound better now without touching any parameter. No need to retweak.
Makes fun to turn the dynamics knob in the amp block now. Turning down means rough now, turning up means polished now.
Many thanks for that update?
I hope it's not placebo :)

When I load a preset that uses a Filter and/or PEQ block and look at the graph, it doesn't accurately correspond to the settings. This is happening in Axe-Edit and the front panel:

Filter-PEQ Bug.jpg

I originally posted this in the Axe-Edit forum, but I'm posting it here because it's also happening via the front panel.

Last edited:
'Scuse my higorance - but why is the file link labelled as "beta 1.zip" when the thread heading says "beta 2"? The link is for beta 1, and the file name that downloads is beta 1. So is the link wrong, or is the filename wrong?

The important pat of the name is "11P02"

So is everything noticeably brighter? Seems like that is the case - which I don't think I like quite as much...

Back
Top Bottom