Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.01

So tell me this: Is there a similar way to step backwards, to the previous block? Like "shift"-Edit, except that there's no shift key.

+1 (not yet)

I made this request as well a while ago. I'd prefer edit go into and stay on the same block (so no accidental going to next one), with something like a 'long press' to step forward and a 'quick double press' to go back. Or maybe hold Edit and press '<' or '>' or turn the value wheel to scroll through the blocks.

It was mentioned by someone that might not be possible with the hardware/firmware, but who knows?

Lol. I’ve owned the Axe FX 3 for about 4 months and I think this is the longest I’ve gone without seeing a new firmware. 11.01 rocks!

Finally got around to updating last night. Really like the new matchless model with the York Audio Matchless 212. Tried a couple of different impedance curves, but in the end left it with the 212 Chief curve. Sounds really nice.

I noticed that the post for the latest version of Axe-Edit (1.03.10) states that the Axe-FX current firmware is 11.0. Is a newer Axe-Edit needed to see/use the changes from 11.0 to 11.01?

Just got the 3 and am converting my presets from my 2. The Hot Cat seems radically different to me. The gain is much lower (so I have to put it up higher to get the same result). No big deal, but just wanted to check to see if this is correct.

Fractal does not generally care about NAMM stuff they will release the FM3 as soon as its good to go
While you are correct that FAS has never officially attended NAMM, there have been hardware releases in the past that have corresponded timewise, and iN this case I would think they would want to get some FM3s out there prior to the show, as so many vendors use fractal gear in thsir booths.

I ran my Bad Cat DC-30 into the LB-2 and I couldn't tell a difference between the modeled version and the amp. I was comparing using the LB-2 curves in the Fractal. Now selling my Bad Cat so I don't have to maintain it.

I came back from one month vacation in New Zealand and have installed v 11.01 Firmware. So far I am liking the impedance curve thing, I am finding the actual "proper matches" really much more alive and "in a room" than before, this is kind of an historic change. But on the other hand an overwhelming amount of work to find the proper one for every preset. Anyway I was running through that process of updating my own presets, which impedance curve corresponds to a Marshall 4x12 V30? I see other 4x12 V30s like Mesa or Orange but no Marshall. Maybe there just is not any, I am quite new in this story.

thanks

new amp day... thank you!

is there already a list of all the impedance curves available with the translated real world models?

it would certainly be of great help. For example I see the 4x12 Brit 800 and have no idea if it is related to a 4x12 loaded with t75s.

I am also feeling with this new feature tend to use only one cab, don’t know if it is a psychologicaly induced trend to replicate the real setup in my head or it just sounds better to my ears.

I came back from one month vacation in New Zealand and have installed v 11.01 Firmware. So far I am liking the impedance curve thing, I am finding the actual "proper matches" really much more alive and "in a room" than before, this is kind of an historic change. But on the other hand an overwhelming amount of work to find the proper one for every preset. Anyway I was running through that process of updating my own presets, which impedance curve corresponds to a Marshall 4x12 V30? I see other 4x12 V30s like Mesa or Orange but no Marshall. Maybe there just is not any, I am quite new in this story.

thanks

Play around with them until you find the one you like the best

Not scientific but if it sounds good

Play around with them until you find the one you like the best

Not scientific but if it sounds good
I will eventually do that, but given the efforts put by the developers on translating the real thing to the digital world, I'd like to see how it actually compares.

I will eventually do that, but given the efforts put by the developers on translating the real thing to the digital world, I'd like to see how it actually compares.
They pre-load the amp model with the proper curve for or the closest curve to the cab normally used with that amp. Without an exhaustive enough array of curves to even cover the factory cabs, it is not ready for that level of matching of curve to cab IR, and 3rd party cab IRs are completely left out of the party. It's a great step forward, but far from the final step forward....

Back
Top Bottom