Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.01

Please try my D30 EF86 preset on axe change! Parallel processing and output multi compression, with make up gain
Yeah, that's a nice preset, PincoTech. I rolled the tone down just a bit on my tele and it sits nicely. I don't think I would have thought to try those cabs. I had not really explored the multiband compressor yet. Thanks for sharing.

@FractalAudio does the auto input impedance work correctly?
While tweaking I noticed that the fuzz face defaulted to 1M, but I seem to remember it was a different value in the past.

So I checked all of the drives and all of them default to 1M except the following:
BB Pre: 230k
Full OD: 230k
PI Fuzz: 22k
Super OD: 230k
Treble Boost: 70k

The only other block which affects the input impedance seems to be the phaser, so I checked that too.
All the phaser types except the Classic Vibe (70k) default to 230k

Is this as expected?

@FractalAudio does the auto input impedance work correctly?
While tweaking I noticed that the fuzz face defaulted to 1M, but I seem to remember it was a different value in the past.

So I checked all of the drives and all of them default to 1M except the following:
BB Pre: 230k
Full OD: 230k
PI Fuzz: 22k
Super OD: 230k
Treble Boost: 70k

The only other block which affects the input impedance seems to be the phaser, so I checked that too.
All the phaser types except the Classic Vibe (70k) default to 230k

Is this as expected?
Where are you seeing them default to different values? The only place I see Input Impedance is the input block It shows no change in values on my unit.

Where are you seeing them default to different values? The only place I see Input Impedance is the input block It shows no change in values on my unit.
In the input block (only on the axe screen), obviously you have to set it to auto to see it change.

Reactions: RDH
In the input block (only on the axe screen), obviously you have to set it to auto to see it change.
Ok, I never noticed that, the first un bypassed block shows the impedance. I had the Drive block bypassed and nothing changed. Cool!

Ended up taking a break for a bit and haven't had a chance to play through my Axe and I came back to this. Hell of a lot of good changes since I last updated. Nice!

I was noticing that the DC-30 EF86 model defaults the MV to 10 on the authentic page.

I checked yek's amp guide and see a note there that the 12ax7 model was created with the amp's MV bypassed.

Was the same thing done for the EF86 model? I'm guessing that's why MV is on 10?

I'm sure only Cliff knows... Don't recall seeing anything posted.

Sat down to play today and everything sounded awful. Like the treble on 10 and no bass. Just really bad.

....then I realized my wah (which is set to auto) treadle had fallen down and turned my wah on. Duh.

Everything is great again and I'm loving this new firmware.

Sat down to play today and everything sounded awful. Like the treble on 10 and no bass. Just really bad.

....then I realized my wah (which is set to auto) treadle had fallen down and turned my wah on. Duh.

This is a somewhat common problem... Hopefully you figured it out quickly?

Second Gig with FW 11.01(updated from FW 5.05). Did lots of tweaking after the first gig even though people liked my sound! Got lots of raves on my improved sound from the regulars last night!
I've had the Ultra, Axe FX 2, Axe FX 2 XL+ and for a year and a half , the Axe Fx 3 and I've got to say, jumping from FW 5.xx to FW 11.01 was as much improvement in the amp block as moving from the Ultra to the Axe FX II!

ha ha ohhhh yes, I’ve done that a few times actually!

Don't have time to read through this whole thread, so a question: Do we need to do anything to have the new impedance curves applied to existing factory and user presets, including the newest factory presets I know of, "Axe-Fx_III_Factory_Banks_v11p0.zip?

Thanks.

I hate when that happens.

Don't have time to read through this whole thread, so a question: Do we need to do anything to have the new impedance curves applied to existing factory and user presets, including the newest factory presets I know of, "Axe-Fx_III_Factory_Banks_v11p0.zip?

As long as the "Update Pre-11x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter is set to YES in Global Settings, presets will automatically load the updated speaker impedance curves; however, they're not actually saved to the preset until you actually click the "Save" button.

I was noticing that the DC-30 EF86 model defaults the MV to 10 on the authentic page.

I checked yek's amp guide and see a note there that the 12ax7 model was created with the amp's MV bypassed.

Was the same thing done for the EF86 model? I'm guessing that's why MV is on 10?

I'm sure only Cliff knows... Don't recall seeing anything posted.
those amps are meant to be played with no MV, it's just there in case you need it. I always ran the real amps with the MV bypassed

those amps are meant to be played with no MV, it's just there in case you need it. I always ran the real amps with the MV bypassed
Ok, thanks for the info.

I was playing with it the other night and liked the results better with MV backed down a bit.

As long as the "Update Pre-11x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter is set to YES in Global Settings, presets will automatically load the updated speaker impedance curves; however, they're not actually saved to the preset until you actually click the "Save" button.
Thanks. So not saved until you save, but used anyway, saved or not, right?

Back
Top Bottom