Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.01

Alternative take:

I liked the chime on the DC30, but had too much bass for me. Tended to be too prominent in that it overpowered the high end. Even at extreme levels of low cut and reducing bass.

IMO.

Having fun with the HiWatt amp. I had a DR103 and a SE 4123 then a SE 4122 Cabinet later on in the mid 70's. Just wondering which cab your imp curve is based on? The SE 4123 was 4x50watt Fanes with a resonance of 75 c/s and the SE 4122 was 4x100watt Fanes at 55 c/s, the 4123 had a 2" voice coil while the 4122 had a 3". This combination in real life was huge, I would rattled the seats of a arena with the master at 4!!! There was something I would do while playing my guitar on this amp/cab combination that you could not duplicate on any other amp and cab. I tried this same test with the new firmware and imp. curve and the right IR cabinet and I was transported back to the 1970's, that sub harmonic was spot on, thanks Cliff!!!

Huh? Cliff said to go ahead and try inputting the resonance values from the III into II and it might or might not sound good.

I think you're misunderstanding...
I think you could the one misunderstanding. The guy seems to be saying that II users may be able to benefit from the new impedance curves and is appreciative of the fact that it is even possible. Weren’t you the one concerned about someone else’s reading comprehension in another post recently? 🤣

I think you could the one misunderstanding. The guy seems to be saying that II users may be able to benefit from the new impedance curves and is appreciative of the fact that it is even possible. Weren’t you the one concerned about someone else’s reading comprehension in another post recently? 🤣
@unix-guy read it the same way I did. "Potential generosity" and thanks for "even considering updating" the Axe-Fx II give the impression that the poster thought that a possible update was offered, when in fact it wasn't.

@unix-guy read it the same way I did. "Potential generosity" and thanks for "even considering updating" the Axe-Fx II give the impression that the poster thought that a possible update was offered, when in fact it wasn't.
Exactly... And the poster seems to agree ;)
shoot...thanks

Alternative take:

I liked the chime on the DC30, but had too much bass for me. Tended to be too prominent in that it overpowered the high end. Even at extreme levels of low cut and reducing bass.

IMO.
I think its the speaker impedance curve adding all that low end. Try lowering the bass in the curve or try a different curve altogether.

I thought the same thing about the AC-20 so I tweaked the impedance curve values back to pre 11 firmware & Im liking it again. The curve still looked different after tweaking it back to pre 11 values FWIW.

I think its the speaker impedance curve adding all that low end. Try lowering the bass in the curve or try a different curve altogether.

I thought the same thing about the AC-20 so I tweaked the impedance curve values back to pre 11 firmware & Im liking it again. The curve still looked different after tweaking it back to pre 11 values FWIW.
Certain ones of the curves I have tried so far have big low end.

The T75 1x12 jumps to mind. It just thumps. Might be good with a 57 instead of a 160, since 57s tend to be a bit light in the lows.

The 15W 1x12 is a little bit chunky on the low end, but in a good way, with a 160 IR. I use it for my Weber Blue Dog 1x12 IR, as well as for my MS12 Black Shadow.

In Axe Edit 3 when I try to set the “Screen Frequency“ control on the amp power supply page to a value lower than the minimum (in this case “0”), I get a loud pop, the output meters go to max, and the output signal (at least on my headphones) goes to zero. I have verified this by creating a new preset with just an in, out, and amp block (default 59 bassguy).

I can’t make this happen with just the mouse. I have to type in the too-low value.

Axe fx 3 version 11.01. Axe Edit 3 version 1.03.10.

Apologies if this has already been reported or if this is not the right place to report it.

Last edited:
Slot ported.

Cliff: for the 4x12 Hipower is the port responsible for the 40 Hz peak or the one near 100 Hz? I ask because it looks like the higher freq peak is "cabinet resonance" and controlled by the parameter while for other curves (4x12 Rumble) the lowest peak appears to be cab resonance.

Cliff: for the 4x12 Hipower is the port responsible for the 40 Hz peak or the one near 100 Hz? I ask because it looks like the higher freq peak is "cabinet resonance" and controlled by the parameter while for other curves (4x12 Rumble) the lowest peak appears to be cab resonance.
It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting. I found the same results with the default amp settings but fixed it by doing a low cut at 200Hz on the Input EQ.

Back
Top Bottom