Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

Firmware 11 sounds amazing and feels great
Scary to think there is more to come
I cant imagine whats next at this point
But then something better comes along and catches you off guard

Hats off to you Cliff
The last month of updates have made
A noticeable improvement to an already great product

Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm noticing that the output level of the FET Preamp drive block changes DRAMATICALLY with changes in the Drive level under Firmware 11. Is this intentional? It actually feels like the Drive level is changing the output level of the entire preset instead of simply boosting the input into subsequent blocks.

That video made me realize something, I am trying to post it to get help from you guys, but I have to make 10 posts to be able to post URLs :)

Just an FYI that using Axe-Edit to move presets around when you have "Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" set to YES, will cause your presets to be saved with the new Speaker Impedance values. Makes sense if you think about it.

New owner as of Monday 11/18. Got a chance to get going with v10 for a day and then pow zoom bang v11 is out. Well I did the deed and all I can say is there was a noticeable difference even though I hadn't worked thru v10 that much. I think impressed is a good way to describe it. Thank you, very well done, although I may never fully know what I was missing.

Welcome to the ride ... :)

Loaded FW11. All my gig presets sound great. In some cases, there's a real noticeable difference in articulation. The speaker impedance curve selection is interesting and there were a few where changing curves made a very noticeable difference. Thanks Cliff and FAS. This thing continues to amaze.

Playing out this weekend for the first time w/ 11. The Bass player came over to me and commented on how good the guitar amp sounded. The impedance curve changes are really a game changer for me. Many of the EQ settings I was using are better done by simply change the cab impedance model. Loving it.

Have played two gigs since installing 11, mainly more or less stock AC20 into AC20 cab IR, Fender AM Pro Strat, Atomic CLR - fantastic sound and feel, the Axe has never been that good!

I had a III a while back, sold it and just recently bought another. I know it wasn't in this firmware, but has something big changed in the last year or so regarding power amp modeling that would affect NMV amps? The ghosting and OT saturation sound amazing, better than I remember them being last time I had an Axe. It's so nice being able to get those tones without a real amp and load box.

I had a III a while back, sold it and just recently bought another. I know it wasn't in this firmware, but has something big changed in the last year or so regarding power amp modeling that would affect NMV amps? The ghosting and OT saturation sound amazing, better than I remember them being last time I had an Axe. It's so nice being able to get those tones without a real amp and load box.
Yes

I have gigged twice since FW11.0. I finally got a chance to go out front and listen through the mains instead of just the cheap Yamaha 15" monitors that we use (which sound pretty good themselves). I tell ya, the sound was incredible. The other guitarist uses an AX8. Our sound was HUGE. Some of the best live guitar sounds I have heard. Definitely in a small club. The AXE3 was the best purchase I have ever made. I cant wait until the FM3 comes out so I can reduce my stage footprint and go with just a single pedalboard.

No the Axe hasn’t been updated in like a year or more. It must be your imagination.

Just installed FW11 and upgraded to Axe Edit 1.03.10

Fired everything up and all was well but when I clicked on PERFORM in Axe Edit there was an enormous BANG from my speakers and all 4 output lights stayed on full with no audio from the axe fx

Reboot and it all seems to be working, but I'm worried this might happen in a gig... any ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom