Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

That link only takes me to a blank page. I assume it will show up on the fractal site's download page eventually.

Check your downloads folder--that link automatically downloads the file; the blank page is just an artifact of that procedure.

Danny W.

Reactions: J-C
Normally I find myself going, "Oh.. cool! A firmware update. I guess it sounds better..." and coming here and wondering if my ears are just trash cause my world wasn't rocked like some people seem to experience after an update. LOL

This time, wow! Notable difference. Started a preset from scratch with the FAS Modern and an IR I picked up recently. Literally all the "under-the-hood" tips and tricks I picked up here over the last handful of months to get things where I was happy with it weren't necessary. Also didn't feel the need to add the EQ blocks I normally do. Sounded great with just stock settings in the amp and cab block and a standard OD block in front.

Great job guys!

It appears that if you have the Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" set to Yes, and a pre-11.x preset has a Global Amp Block, then the Cabinet Resonance parameter set to 0. All non-Global Amp Blocks have the parameter set to 100.

Bug or feature?

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed how much better the low end is now? I know I might be late on this, but I usually wait to firmwares come out of beta to flash them. I was tweaking my 5153s patches last night, and just DLed firmware 11 and the lowend is so much more massive an fuller. I actually had to turn the bass down on my presets, something which I never have to do on the 5153s. It is so awesome!
Yes I have

Hi
So I will try and install these two Christmas presents we have in advance , firmware and factory banks ...
So a question of .... global understanding ....
I want ALL my presets to benefit of the new curve parameter ..... if I set the global parameter , do I have also to select each preset to load the new curve parameter ..... and the then save the preset with it .....???
how do you proceed to have everything..... in your axe to to benefit of the new and dedicated curve ....even if I know that a few amps do not actually have their own curve ..
Thanks !!!!!!!!

Hi
So I will try and install these two Christmas presents we have in advance , firmware and factory banks ...
I want ALL my presets to benefit of the new curve parameter ..... if I set the global parameter , do I have also to select each preset to load the new curve parameter ..... and the then save the preset with it .....???
how do you proceed to have everything..... in your axe to to benefit of the new and dedicated curve ....even if I know that a few amps do not actually have their own curve ..
Thanks !!!!!!!!
If you have turned on the global parameter, the speaker impedance will be applied as soon as you load a preset. If you do not save the preset, it will remain stored without the speaker impedance. But no matter, because as long as you keep the global parameter turned on, it will keep loading with the new speaker impedance. Every time.

If you save the preset after the speaker impedance is applied, then it doesn’t matter what the state of the global parameter is, because the preset has already been saved with the speaker impedance applied.

Last edited:
If you have turned on the global parameter, the speaker impedance will be applied as soon as you load a preset. If you no not save the preset, it will remain stored without the speaker impedance. But no matter, because as long as you keep the global parameter turned on, it will keep loading with the new speaker impedance. Every time.

If you save the preset after the speaker impedance is applied, then it doesn’t matter what the state of the global parameter is, because the preset has already been saved with the speaker impedance applied.
Thanks for your answer Rex ,
Always reactive as usual ....;)
totally clear for me now .....

Hi
Thanks !!!!!!!!
To add to @Rex.
If you load the new Version 11 preset pack, you won't have to go through all the presets and save each preset. After sampling a few, and realizing I like the new settings better, I did just that. However, the downside is, if you mofified certain presets to your liking and install the new preset pack, you will lose all those modifications and settings. And you will not be able to go back and forth to see for yourself if one is better than the other.
I never modify the factory presets. I copy one to another slot, play with that preset, and if I like it, I save it to the new location.
My arguable reasoning is, this way I can always load the new updated factory presets without ever worring about losing my settings or missing out on the great things that happen when we stay current with firmware and preset updates.

Thanks for your few words ,
For the moment I m interested to hear how sounds the new factory presets , the modifications they had and also to compare the impact of the new impedance curve parameter on my presets from 10.02 .....

Thanks for your few words ,
For the moment I m interested to hear how sounds the new factory presets , the modifications they had and also to compare the impact of the new impedance curve parameter on my presets from 10.02 .....
Then I suggest not installing the new version 11 presets and follow what @Rex said. Then you can go back and forth and decide what you like better.

Back
Top Bottom