Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

I just got my Axe-FX III. I updated to firmware 11, but I don’t know where the Global “update Pre-11x presets spkr imp upon load parameter” is located. Can someone tell me how to get to that setting exactly? I do not see it. Thanks.

As I read it and am experiencing, I selected yes for global channels. I load up a preset. It shows edited. I play with the setting, and just like always, if I don't save the preset, nothing is changed. If I choose to save the preset, it only saves that preset, not all the presets. I can move to the next preset and play all I want, and choose to save or not save.
Since I liked the new curves, and never change the actual factory presets, because I save to a new location, I installed the new version 11 presets. I can still modify any of the blocks in the presets just like always.
The response was about channels in a preset, ( read the post #36 quoted to) not all presets.

The response was about channels in a preset, ( read the post #36 quoted to) not all presets.
I read it and your response "If YES is selected in global all channels will be updated, saving the preset saves all"
"Channels" in a preset?? If you meant Scenes in a preset, then yes it saves all the Scenes in a preset.
I mis-understood your response and answered because saving the changed preset does not save all the presets.

Last edited:
Try them all and go with the one that sounds the best,
FWIW, I'm sure everyone understands this is generally what should be done in the absence of data. But knowing the speaker details would certainly make it easier to find a logical starting point.

One might be able to reasonably guess them in a number of cases (i.e. certain cabs tend to have certain speakers in their standard config). Assuming even more cabs get characterized this info will be even more valuable as demoing stuff like this can cause option fatigue.

That said:

Thanks for the incredible update FAS. The double digit FWs 10.xx and 11.0 have been INSANE. I'm generally not someone who is blown away by the incremental updates but these are big advancements. Well done.

It adds the cabinet resonances, which cause various bumpies in the otherwise relatively smooth infinite baffle impedance curve used before.

You can see the effect of the resonance on the bumps pretty easily if you give it a twist. They all seem to default to 100%, but the knob runs 0% to 200%.
Thank you! ...and it appears to be a profound improvement to this magic box!

I’ve praised this release before, but I can’t believe how wonderful things are with this version I’m spending so much time just on a clean Princeton.

Wow! And thanks again can’t believe what will come next

Will it not be posted to the website at the typical Axe Fx III Downloads ? Right now that still shows as 10.02 as the current firmware.. and FractalBot isn't seeing an update yet..

The website is always updated a short time after things have been posted on the forum.

I read it and your response "If YES is selected in global all channels will be updated, saving the preset saves all"
"Channels" in a preset?? If you meant Scenes in a preset, then yes it saves all the Scenes in a preset.
I mis-understood your response and answered because saving the changed preset does not save all the presets.
When you save a preset, it saves all channels in all blocks of the preset. Same as always. :)

Reactions: RDH
Will it not be posted to the website at the typical Axe Fx III Downloads ? Right now that still shows as 10.02 as the current firmware.. and FractalBot isn't seeing an update yet..
The Forum is always the first place to have firmware updates posted. If it is a beta, it will say public beta in the title.

If you notice neither Firmware 11 or the updated Firmware 11 presets are available on their website. Things move faster in the Forums. So always look HERE first.

Yes , all channels and scenes in a preset👍

Back
Top Bottom