Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

If I WERE to give it the big "Yes" and let it change all the cab specs to new resonance and impedance settings, do I then have to go through all my presets and save them one by one?
Yes. The updates are done when you recall the preset and saved in the active preset buffer. They're not committed to memory until you press the save button.

And is there a risk that the change will screw up some of those presets? Or am I safer just to say "No" and only use the new FW powers on new presets?
They will alter the sound, whether its a risk or not depends on the preset and how you want it to sound. "No" is perfectly acceptable if this is a risky scenario for you.

. If I WERE to give it the big "Yes" and let it change all the cab specs to new resonance and impedance settings, do I then have to go through all my presets and save them one by one?

You can use FracTool to automate that.

I'm not sure I'm game enough to set that Global setting to "Yes" and let it change all my presets - I have Buddy's 1400 of 'em sitting there, plus a whole stack of Burgs's and others, plus some of the factory ones shunted down to the high numbers. If I WERE to give it the big "Yes" and let it change all the cab specs to new resonance and impedance settings, do I then have to go through all my presets and save them one by one? And is there a risk that the change will screw up some of those presets? Or am I safer just to say "No" and only use the new FW powers on new presets?
In Notes: Setting Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter to YES will automatically update the Speaker Impedance Curve for the Amp blocks upon preset recall to use an appropriate Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. Setting the parameter to NO will leave existing presets unaffected.
I think this is the answer you are looking for:
NOTE: Setting this to YES will also cause the EDITED LED to light indicating the preset has been modified.
So what this sais is if you don't save the preset, you can check out the differences the speaker impedance setting makes, before losing your saved setting.

You can use FracTool to automate that.
Is it wise to automate now?
What is the current 'wisdom' with presets that combine multiple IRs?
What to do with presets that contain an amp and/or cab (2x15 for example) that not (yet) have been modelled?

There will probably more silly questions like this popping up... hope we get an FAQ soon so that the ignorant ones (like me) can have a place to catch up fast ;-)

By the way: I already discovered some serious improvements to some of my sounds, thx for that!

@FractalAudio I noticed in 11.00b1 Axe-Edit that the same picker window as presets and cabs was used for SICs. Can one infer from that that there may be many more curves eventually added, and that perhaps a user bank of SICs may be implemented? Given that one curve for a given cab/speaker should (yes, I know that 'should' is a naughty word) work for all IRs with different mic choices on that cab, the list would be a lot shorter than the IR list....

Whohooo.. just tried my cab with its own specific curve that I measured (2x12 Bassbuster) and it's gorgeous, the low end suddenly became ALIVE.

I really hope cliff adds a way to let the user easily measure and load his own curves cuz this sounds like a real game changer to me. It has never sounded so good.

Probably a really dumb question. But do I need to save each channel in the preset as quite a few of mine have different amps/cabs to apply the new speaker impedance? The reason I'm asking is I noticed the "edit" light is on as I'm going through the channels.

Probably a really dumb question. But do I need to save each channel in the preset as quite a few of mine have different amps/cabs to apply the new speaker impedance? The reason I'm asking is I noticed the "edit" light is on as I'm going through the channels.
If YES is selected in global all channels will be updated, saving the preset saves all.

Has anyone else noticed how much better the low end is now? I know I might be late on this, but I usually wait to firmwares come out of beta to flash them. I was tweaking my 5153s patches last night, and just DLed firmware 11 and the lowend is so much more massive an fuller. I actually had to turn the bass down on my presets, something which I never have to do on the 5153s. It is so awesome!

To all who replied to my earlier question about the "Yes" or "No" Global options, thank you all for your replies.

I think I'm going to play it safe, and say "No" globally, then use the new parameters for any new presets only.

And of course if third parties such as Buddy, Burgs, and others, tweak their presets that I already have using the new parameters, then I can import those over the top of the current versions.

Thanks again for the replies, team - much appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom