Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, members of this forum that update to the latest firmware tend to be more inclined to hear improvements that aren't there rather than perceive changes as inferior.
This statement is unverifiable and pits you against “members of this forum” —why would you make it when you’re trying to turn the tides towards supporting your position that a change should be optional?

Don’t let anger cloud your judgement. You’ve held your position well thus far. Stooping to personal attacks, no matter how broad or veiled is inappropriate.

Lol....some of the sweeping generalizations you use in your posts are laughable dude! ........that is all.:p

touch hyperbole perhaps, but the underlying point remains.... for how long does it make sense to preserve older features/tone and when do you call it obsolete and tell all users they have to move forward ?

If my favorite patch was from fw14, g3 modeling, should there still be some legacy controls and parameters even as we’ve changed to quantum and ares modeling and things like pick attack parameters etc have been removed or considered redundant?

mid something is objectively inferior, but certain users subjectively think it sounds superior, what do you do ? How long do you support the old way while continuing to move forward ?

If we have the old impedance from fw9, that is fine and good, but for how long do we keep them ? At some point down the road do we fine next to no one uses them and then remove them ? Or if even one person says they use them do we keep it ? For how many years and versions ?

then if it’s going to go away at some point anyways, is it better to just implement the change for all right now ? Does adding an option for something just prolong the inevitable ?

touch hyperbole perhaps, but the underlying point remains.... for how long does it make sense to preserve older features/tone and when do you call it obsolete and tell all users they have to move forward ?

If my favorite patch was from fw14, g3 modeling, should there still be some legacy controls and parameters even as we’ve changed to quantum and ares modeling and things like pick attack parameters etc have been removed or considered redundant?

mid something is objectively inferior, but certain users subjectively think it sounds superior, what do you do ? How long do you support the old way while continuing to move forward ?

If we have the old impedance from fw9, that is fine and good, but for how long do we keep them ? At some point down the road do we fine next to no one uses them and then remove them ? Or if even one person says they use them do we keep it ? For how many years and versions ?

then if it’s going to go away at some point anyways, is it better to just implement the change for all right now ? Does adding an option for something just prolong the inevitable ?
Exactly what I said earlier, cheers. can we move on?

I did not like the sound of the new default impedance curve on the Recto Red model. I realized it was probably because I tweaked my preset based on the prior impedance curve. I kept the the new “Recto large” default curve and adjusted my EQ to taste and it sounds great.

I did not like the sound of the new default impedance curve on the Recto Red model. I realized it was probably because I tweaked my preset based on the prior impedance curve. I kept the the new “Recto large” default curve and adjusted my EQ to taste and it sounds great.
This ^^^

It was fascinating scrolling through the different curves and looking at them in Axe Edit. I had no idea the impedance curves could vary so massively between relatively similar cabs.

The difference in the height of resonant peaks between the various Recto cabs is enormous. I had no clue this was a thing.

I've got a solution:
Global Parameter:
"Update Speaker Impedance on Pre-11.0 Presets Upon Load" Yes | No

Vote: No

That seems like a lot. I don't know if it makes sense to introduce an entirely new parameter (even with as many as are already in the Axe-Fx) that will only enable a single permanent change you can't undo later. Once it's done its work, the parameter will be forever useless from then on.

It only makes sense to add this control if you're going to include and support the old impedance curves moving forward. If not, then just skip the parameter and implement the auto-update. Rip the band-aid off quick.

I tried the Speaker Impedance feature last night for the first time. Using the front panel
on the Axe, I started scrolling through the list and only got through a dozen or so.
Then a loud bang through my speakers and the Axe output 1 & 2 L&R light bars pegged
and stayed maxed. Had to shut down the Axe and restart. Tried again and was able to
duplicate it at the same spot. Again, had to shut down and restart to get back to normal.

I had output 2 L&R going to Power Amp and 2 1x12 Guitar cabs. Output 2 L going out to Mixer
input to PA speakers. I use this setup all the time.

Anyone else experience this?

Vote: No

That seems like a lot. I don't know if it makes sense to introduce an entirely new parameter (even with as many as are already in the Axe-Fx) that will only enable a single permanent change you can't undo later. Once it's done its work, the parameter will be forever useless from then on.

It only makes sense to add this control if you're going to include and support the old impedance curves moving forward. If not, then just skip the parameter and implement the auto-update. Rip the band-aid off quick.
You can duplicate a preset and test in the duplicate to get around the irreversibilty of updating the setting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom