Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The curves have nothing to do with the the ir though. The pre v11 curves were defauted by amp. You could change the ir to whatever you wanted and the default curve didn't change.

The solution is, before you make any changes to your existing preset just copy the amp channel to another channel, then change it on one channel and compare the two channels to see the difference.
Not the same thing or what I replied about. This was about loading Ir's and having the impedence curve for it load.

In firmware 10.0 the secret sauce knob was Transformer Match control. From the notes, The range of the Transformer Match control has been reduced to 0.5 to 2.0. Existing presets will have this value reset to 1.0. I know the focus here in FW 11 is the speaker page and impedance but does that in some way coincide with Transformer Match control settings? Sorry have yet to take the 11 plunge.

In firmware 10.0 the secret sauce knob was Transformer Match control. From the notes, The range of the Transformer Match control has been reduced to 0.5 to 2.0. Existing presets will have this value reset to 1.0. I know the focus here in FW 11 is the speaker page and impedance but does that in some way coincide with Transformer Match control settings? Sorry have yet to take the 11 plunge.
Nope, it has to do with the curve in the speaker page. Think of it as more accurate speaker resonance.

Held off until tonight (it's a pain for me not to use Axe-Edit) - but took the plunge.

Good grief! This is impressive, agree with others this is as much of an improvement as the gain enhancement (which I loved).

Everything just sounds more 3D, treble content is sweeeeet with a lovely warm bottom end (but no mud).

And for those worrying don't - it's easy to use, and I've only had one sound which took any changes at all, this is a EVH varian'd Plexi which I need to work on the IR a bit I think.

All the normal Marshalls and Fenders I've tried - night and day improvement, thanks!

Nope, it has to do with the curve in the speaker page. Think of it as more accurate speaker resonance.
Exactly this ^^^^.

I noticed in Leon's videos the curve shapes for the 4x12 closed-back cabs has spiky little bits here and there in the mids. Presumably these are the cab resonances from the internal reflections.

Some of the new curves did not seem to have any noticeable new little spiky mid bits. I presume those were open-backed cabs (the curves went by pretty quick as Leon jumped to the handful of 4x12 curves, and I was watching it on my phone's tiny screen), since the back wave doesn't get reflected back nearly as well....

Am I the only one that likes having the ability to select the different curves to find the perfect shade of color that I'm looking for, be it clean, low-mid or high gain? I think it makes things much faster to dial in! I wouldn't really like them to be baked in to a specific ir or amp IMHO.

Am I the only one that likes having the ability to select the different curves to find the perfect shade of color that I'm looking for, be it clean, low-mid or high gain? I think it makes things much faster to dial in! I wouldn't really like them to be baked in to a specific ir or amp IMHO.
This is what makes the digital stuff fun. You can have, say, the power amp interaction of a Recto 4x12 and the tonality of a 1x4 Pignose, which would be physically impossible to achieve IRL. :)

Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Cabinet for that model.
Do you mean that it will load the actual cabinet in a cabinet block along with loading the curve in the amp block, or just that it will load the appropriate curve in the amp block?

Has there been some CPU optimisation in this release? My main preset that normally hovers just a little over 80% is sitting pretty comfortable at 73% at the moment.

I'm with ya! No bake:)

I sincerely hope that @FractalAudio is not deterred from making these advancements in modeling because of the education necessary for all of the users to fully grasp how to use it.

Again, I'm a new guy here, but in the last 3 months there have been so many awesome advancements that I love my AF3 now even more than when I took it out of the box. I'm sure Cliff gets frustrated with answering some of the same questions repeatedly but I am also hopeful he knows how much we appreciate what he is doing. His creation is state of the art and never ceases to impress fully with each new firmware.

Cliff, are these speaker page settings something that we AX8 users can copy to get a similar effect, or is it something that is outside the scope of the settings on our Speaker page? Also, is this something that could be added to Cab Lab? Thanks.

Reactions: jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom