Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't loaded this firmware yet, but my thought is I would like the new curves vs. the old ones and would not need to revert back to an old preset. For me, I would not see a use for the Null curve.

The old curve was shaped completely by the low and high resonance controls, similar to an EQ. The new ones have curves that obviously cannot be achieved with the same controls and are based on measurements.

My question: Is this doing the same thing as before but with a more accurately measured curve, or is there something new beyond what you can see on the curve?

I haven't loaded this firmware yet, but my thought is I would like the new curves vs. the old ones and would not need to revert back to an old preset. For me, I would not see a use for the Null curve.
It’s useful if you’re running the Axe out into a tube power amp and guitar cab.

Hi Cliff, great new feature. Back in the day me and my friends (aka: Rough Cut, Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue, VH, etc) would rewire our Marshall 4x12 cabinets to 4-Ohms. This was the secret sauce that got that "Jose" sound. Please include a Marshall 4x12 25 greenback and V30 rewired to 4-Ohms in the final release of firmware 11. Thanks

Hi Cliff, great new feature. Back in the day me and my friends (aka: Rough Cut, Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue, VH, etc) would rewire our Marshall 4x12 cabinets to 4-Ohms. This was the secret sauce that got that "Jose" sound. Please include a Marshall 4x12 25 greenback and V30 rewired to 4-Ohms in the final release of firmware 11. Thanks

Interesting....

thx for the vid however I need to point out bouncing back and forth to/from null cabinet isn’t really an A/B test.

You'll need to actually save the preset to another slot BEFORE you change the new parameter and then A/B between the two presets.
Best idea I’ve heard yet.

If this should be moved elsewhere in the forum, that's fine. I just wanted to show off this new firmware. It's a game changer for me (not that the platform wasn't already!)

Here I walk through setup as well as demo the speaker impedance modeling on an ac30 and Friedman BE100.

That was a great video. Thanks for putting that together! This new feature is a huge improvement for the AXE FX III. I really like it!

I doubt it was because of the impedance. The impedance curve will be pretty much the same whether wired for 16 or 4 ohms. The difference was likely due to the fact that many of those old Plexis took the feedback off the speaker jack rather than off a transformer tap. Using a 4-ohm cab lowers the amount of negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom