Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if I don't reset or resellect the amp block and then select a cab resinence other than null?

If this should be moved elsewhere in the forum, that's fine. I just wanted to show off this new firmware. It's a game changer for me (not that the platform wasn't already!)

Here I walk through setup as well as demo the speaker impedance modeling on an ac30 and Friedman BE100.

Just went back to 10.02

I installed 11 Beta, but Axe Edit (latest version) wouldn't communicate with the Fx3. May be that the Fx3 is plugged into a USB hub, but all previous firmware versions have worked just fine. As soon as I used the Bot to back-grade to v10.02, all is back to the way it should be.

So my question - is there some difference in the way firmware v11 Beta communicates with the Fx3 via USB? Is it likely to be fixed with the full v11 once it's released? I did power off/on both the Axe Fx3 (three times) as well as rebooted the iMac after installing the v11 Beta, but all to no avail. Axe Edit tells me it is connected to the Fx3, but trying to read the presets etc is just an endless hang.

But if I don't want to go through and reset the amp blocks for my presets, then I won't notice a change? So if I didn't feel like doing that, I could pretty much just skip this firmware. Or is there a noticeable change, like the 9->10 firmware had?

Your presets won't sound any different if you don't reset or soft reset the Amp block for them. Presets created with the new firmware installed will obviously use the new impedance curves and thus sound different.

Last edited:
If this should be moved elsewhere in the forum, that's fine. I just wanted to show off this new firmware. It's a game changer for me (not that the platform wasn't already!)

Here I walk through setup as well as demo the speaker impedance modeling on an ac30 and Friedman BE100.

Thanks for the video, haven't had time to mess with it yet, but it's a clear difference. Kind of astonished to those who say they cant hear that. Definitely an improvement.

Reactions: jon

thx for the vid however I need to point out bouncing back and forth to/from null cabinet isn’t really an A/B test.

You'll need to actually save the preset to another slot BEFORE you change the new parameter and then A/B between the two presets.

thx for the vid however I need to point out bouncing back and forth to/from null cabinet isn’t really an A/B test.

You'll need to actually save the preset to another slot BEFORE you change the new parameter and then A/B between the two presets.

This is what I was thinking. Original preset would have the old curve. When you switch between 2x12 Vox 30 and Null, the original curve is lost.

+1 You beat me to it. I think the fact that loading up an existing preset uses the old curve but the advanced tab shows null cabinet as being selected is confusing a lot of people.

Here's another thing I was wondering....I know that changing the new parameter in an existing preset, then going back to null cabinet does not get you back to where you were, but does changing to a different preset and back get you the old curve ?

Here's another thing I was wondering....I know that changing the new parameter in an existing preset, then going back to null cabinet does not get you back to where you were, but does changing to a different preset and back get you the old curve ?

I would assume so as long as you don’t save the changes on the old preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom