Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cab block has 4 slots.
The amp block has just 1 impedance curve.

Unless the selection of a cab triggered a calculation of the composite impedance curve of all non-muted cab IRs (ignoring the difficulties presented by the absence of curves for every factory cab and the existence of non-factory IRs that would not be known curves for a moment), whoch active cab's curve should it use?

The list of available curves ought to be pickable in the process of choosing an IR to preview, though. I just have doubts it will be able to pick for you 'automagically'....
Not disagreeing...but here’s an idea:
Have an option to combine the amp and cab blocks.{combo}
Seriously, the majority of users want one amp and one cab.

Hi everyone ,
I ve read , followed this thread since the beginning but didn t load this beta ,
In this case , it is more than the fence of speaking a foreign language ....(I m French ) but this is more the problem of knowledge .
I l having trouble in understanding the meaning , the fundamental purpose of this Fw which seems to be a great upgrade ...... even when I go back to the beginning and first post of Cliff ...
I dare myself a basic and simple explanation on that and HOW we can use it , I m sure that I m not the only one in this case .....
i ve understood that it does not affect existing presets ... only if you select , reselect an amp .
But if you start a preset from noon ? Use an amp with 4 different IR s ..??
A totally basic tutorial or video .... Leeeeeeon :):)
would be great and really useful for the final release ....to simply be able to understand , use this new improvment
Thankssssssss
Je vais essayer expliquer. Je ne sais pas beaucoups de mots technique. Je vais utiliser "Google Translate" pour ces mots. :)

On doit choisir une courbe d'impédence pour une cabine de haute-parleur qui n'est pas loin de la cab que on a choisi, si cette cab n'est pas dans les choix.

C'est sur la languette "Speaker". Il y a des paramètres pour changer la courbe. Cette curve fait un peut d'effet sur le son de l'amplificateur, surtout ou la courbe d'impédance se lève. Cette courbe aussi détermine où l'amp déforme le signal.

J'espère que je vous ai aidé....

I'm regularly using 2 Amp blocks feeding only 1 cab block ....
I do this quite a lot, too, so I can switch amps easily with the same cab, without involving channels--for when I am using the amp block channels for something like "boost off/on", or in the case of the IIC+, use MLToosie+ #7, #7+boost, #9, or #9+boost....

Seriously, the majority of users want one amp and one cab.
Perhaps for “real” amps one could argue that people are trending towards combos. On the Axe FX, not a great idea IMO. Not sure where the data would come from to support such a claim.
There IS no bad idea. Seriously.
I assure you I could come up with a plethora of ideas that you would consider to be bad ideas.

As long as the old user accesible settings remain the same, an auto update wouldn't damage much on existing presets, since the overall curve has more influence then some small additional resonant spikes.

Most important to me is, that the low freq, q and level stay unchanged...they'd need a reaudition otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom