Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks again. Sounds even greater than before!

Just one suggestion:
I think the impendance curve selector/speaker cab parameter should also be displayed under the speaker tab in the amp block, right on top as the first parameter ideally.

I second this idea. I think this is so useful that it should be at the top of the speaker page. It might be overlooked on the advance page of you're not in the know 😉.
Also, the last few firmware updates have been such a substantial jump forward. This is an exciting time to be an Axe 3 owner!!

Actually how about selectable for every individual cab - not just the 2 blocks. I mean to say the individual cabs WITHIN the blocks.

I get it, but if you load one of your existing preset and go to the advanced tab in the amp block you will in fact see Null under the speaker cabinet setting.

Yes, the advanced page says null, but the actual impedance in the speaker tab is not flat null, but the standard curve that has been there before this beta. Change it to null and your tone flattens, as does the curve on the speaker page. :)

Yes, the advanced page says null, but the actual impedance in the speaker tab is not flat null, but the standard curve that has been there before this beta. Change it to null and your tone flattens, as does the curve on the speaker page. :)
Yeah I think you may have missed the point, I was just informing the person who posted asking about existing presets what he would see if he went into his existing preset, and what he would have to do to utilize this new feature. not arguing that Null doesn't equal Null. Just making him aware that it will state Null and have the default generic curve setting...

This is more than subtle to me. Play a few minutes with the impedance on (4x12 are my favorite so far) then switch back to the null cab. Pretty drastic imo and I love it :)
I think the right way to do the comparison is to turn up and down the "cabinet resonance" knob in the speaker page, that just adds the effect of the cab without altering the main impedance curve of the speaker.

When you switch back to null it also resets LF and HF resonance to 0

This should be interesting! Tempted to wait for the final release...........we shall see. :)

Thanks Cliff! Any chance of seeing a few new high gain amps in this FW?

I think the right way to do the comparison is to turn up and down the "cabinet resonance" knob in the speaker page, that just adds the effect of the cab without altering the main impedance curve of the speaker.

When you switch back to null it also resets LF and HF resonance to 0
Yeah there's a difference between the default-selected "null" cab (for old presets) and changing the cab then reselecting null. See the graph on Axe Edit to see the difference. You would not have been hearing the null cab previously. The change isn't that significant.

I'm losing one side of my output one signal going to the clrs randomly. I switch the cable and the problem goes to the other speaker so it's the output signal from the axe. Turn the axe on and off and all is fine for a bit, then play with the impedance and/or other settings and it happens again. Only been on one preset so it could be preset related?

Yeah there's a difference between the default-selected "null" cab (for old presets) and changing the cab then reselecting null. See the graph on Axe Edit to see the difference. You would not have been hearing the null cab previously. The change isn't that significant.

Still believe it's more than subtle. Before switching from the null cab the resonance isn't reset to zero, so play there a few minutes and then switch to the new settings. Feel is affected too.

Still believe it's more than subtle. Before switching from the null cab the resonance isn't reset to zero, so play there a few minutes and then switch to the new settings. Feel is affected too.
Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to say that changing this value was necessarily subtle, but just that changing between one of the cab resonances and the null is very obvious, in a way that the others are not.

Why would you want that?

Many of the patches in various offerings (like Austin Buddies) have 2 cab blocks w/multiple cabs in each...would be cool, if this would work with each. I just spent 4 hours with this new feature and really made a big difference to my ears.

They kept the old amp defaults impedance curves programmed so it wouldn't wipe it if it loaded with the new FW, if you reset the block/channel it loads the new curve default, null is flat, no resonance, SS power amp simulation

man I hadn't tried it yet but I can't wait to hear how two amps of the same type sound into different cabs, running a JCM800 into a 1960 with default, then switching the IR to Factory 2 800 and putting the JCM800 on recto large speaker curve...:openmouth:

I guess I must of been vague the other day when I asked if this feature would be ported to the editor on its next revision. I don't use the front panel where my AX3 is in a studio rack mount desk.
So is it planned to have this in the next AXE-Edit?
Thanks

Just downloaded...all is well.
I have a smple custom preset that uses the double verb sf for the amp.
When I go to the front panel and to the amp block’s advanced parameter page I see the new speaker cab selection.
It was defaulted to a 2x12 double verb sf selection.
Does this selection override several parameters in the power amp section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom