Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
how deep into fiction are we going to go with this
Oh, I don't know. I'm not an expert, but couldn't we just move all the stuff on the right side of the AxeFX3 to the left side of the AxeFX3, and move all the stuff on the right side of the AxeFX3 to the left side of the AxeFX3? And couldn't we have the whole front open up on a great big hinge, so I can get in with a garage door opener?

A separate curve for each cab on each channel would be nice too.
If it's just two cabs, you could duplicate the amp block and run each amp into it's own cab block.
Won't work for everyone, but might be ok for some scenarios.

Problem with this beta:

I installed firmware 11.00 beta and tried it out with a couple of presets. For the amp on channel A I selected basketweave to match the cab I had, then for the amp on channel B I selected greenback. This was for a BEC45 Friedman. No problems.
I saved the preset.

Then I did the same on the next preset for the HBE Friedman. (Both used the same templates with just the amp changed). I selected basketweave for amp A and greenback for amp B. I decided I like the null better for channel B so I then switched it from greenback back to null. There was a loud pop, then no sound at all.

I tried the previous preset I'd just worked on and it was the same. A pop and no sound at all.

I tried some other presets I hadn't touched. No sound.

I then deleted the two presets I'd just worked on and tried some other presets. No sound on anything.

So then I re-installed firmware 10.02 and everything worked fine again.
Luckily I'd backed up everything to Fractal Bot so I just re-installed the two presets I'd deleted.
You could've simply turned it off and back on.

Thanks Cliff. This firmware is another brick in your great house and project to digitally emulate real guitar amps! Fantastic addition!

You could've simply turned it off and back on.

That was the first thing I did. Still no sound so I reinstalled 10.02.

Everything was working fine and sounding good until I went back to the null setting to compare. That's when there was a pop and everything went silent.

Last edited:
Sounds great here. sounds more natural . the mids are really under control. WOW
also sounds more airy or something. The lows really sound accurate . I'm using Cliffs preset

Last edited:
A separate curve for each cab on each channel would be nice too.
Yeah I brought that up a few posts ago, but I think it got lost in the mix.. anyway my conclusion was that in order to do so would entail having up to four (per cab block) power amp sims running simultaneously. Which I don’t believe is able to even be separated from the rest of the amp block.

So, this is great! Could it lead to automatically selecting a default Cab in the Cab Block?
But who would determine what the default would be? Some may want a default of a boogie cab with vintage 30's, some may want a Marshall with greenbacks. Not sure a default would work for everyone.

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the boogie small and boogie straight? Same cab no?
I'm not exactly sure. We captured those impedance curves years ago and I don't remember what the cabinets were. The notes say "Mesa Small" and "Mesa Large". Maybe the small was a Stiletto cab. The Recto Slant and Recto Straight are our reference Rectifier cabinets that we own.

Amazing one @FractalAudio
How do you think affects the Morgan or Vox tones?
Given that it has to do with the load impedance curve on amps with no negative feedback, I would expect to see the amps react to and interact with the load a lot more.

I wish I could load it up, as it sounds like it could easily be as great a leap forward as 10 was, but, alas, I await the delivery truck.

Stoopid Mercury Retrograde. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom