Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 cents worth...
Ok I’m a keen amateur, not an expert, so sometimes the technicalities go over my head, but I love the technical content and explanations that come from fractal (and others) on this forum. Genuinely learning from it. Also, I think the commitment and pace of developments for existing products from Fractal is so impressive, not just for guitar equipment but for technology in general. Great stuff.
Other manufacturers could learn a thing or two about customer commitment from this.
Cheers G.

Man, I'm gonna love this but I have a run of shows starting Wednesday so I'll have to wait. Probably have FW 12 by then, lol

So i guess the next step would be auto-selecting the speaker impedance curve depending on the cab put after the amp? I mean for factory and legacy cabs of course :)

Problem with this beta:

I installed firmware 11.00 beta and tried it out with a couple of presets. For the amp on channel A I selected basketweave to match the cab I had, then for the amp on channel B I selected greenback. This was for a BEC45 Friedman. No problems.
I saved the preset.

Then I did the same on the next preset for the HBE Friedman. (Both used the same templates with just the amp changed). I selected basketweave for amp A and greenback for amp B. I decided I like the null better for channel B so I then switched it from greenback back to null. There was a loud pop, then no sound at all.

I tried the previous preset I'd just worked on and it was the same. A pop and no sound at all.

I tried some other presets I hadn't touched. No sound.

I then deleted the two presets I'd just worked on and tried some other presets. No sound on anything.

So then I re-installed firmware 10.02 and everything worked fine again.
Luckily I'd backed up everything to Fractal Bot so I just re-installed the two presets I'd deleted.

Problem with this beta:

I installed firmware 11.00 beta and tried it out with a couple of presets. For the amp on channel A I selected basketweave to match the cab I had, then for the amp on channel B I selected greenback. This was for a BEC45 Friedman. No problems.
I saved the preset.

Then I did the same on the next preset for the HBE Friedman. (Both used the same templates with just the amp changed). I selected basketweave for amp A and greenback for amp B. I decided I like the null better for channel B so I then switched it from greenback back to null. There was a loud pop, then no sound at all.

I tried the previous preset I'd just worked on and it was the same. A pop and no sound at all.

I tried some other presets I hadn't touched. No sound.

I then deleted the two presets I'd just worked on and tried some other presets. No sound on anything.

So then I re-installed firmware 10.02 and everything worked fine again.
Luckily I'd backed up everything to Fractal Bot so I just re-installed the two presets I'd deleted.
goes to show ya the value of regular backups, particularly when installing beta stuff.........no problem and rich tones from here so far...LOVE the Princetons with the correct cab.

I was confused on the description momentarily but once I grasped what I was supposed to do (and from one of cliffs comments) I selected my favorite couple of amps and then best matched the cabinet with the default one that loaded to one of my ML sound labs IRs. The before and after feel is quite significant in a great way. I’m fairly sensitive to touch and feel of the models and this addition is awesome. I’m excited to apply this to some of my existing patches. Amazing how this platform continues to impress and improve! Thanks fractal.

So i guess the next step would be auto-selecting the speaker impedance curve depending on the cab put after the amp? I mean for factory and legacy cabs of course :)
Which one should be used if the cab block uses multiple IRs? Or even multiple cab blocks are linked to the amp?

Which one should be used if the cab block uses multiple IRs? Or even multiple cab blocks are linked to the amp?
This could be determined automatically. And only applied in the best case of one amp going into one cab...
Personally i wouldn't use it but it could be a good thing for users liking the authentic controls and all that sort of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom