Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amp block now uses new high-order speaker impedance modeling. 47 speaker impedance models are included and can be selected using the Speaker Cabinet parameter (on the Advanced page). Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Cabinet for that model. The Cabinet Resonance parameter can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve. Existing presets are unaffected.
Fixed Recto1/2 models default Negative Feedback and Power Tube Bias values slightly too low.

Amp block now uses new high-order speaker impedance modeling. 47 speaker impedance models are included and can be selected using the Speaker Cabinet parameter (on the Advanced page). Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Cabinet for that model. The Cabinet Resonance parameter can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve. Existing presets are unaffected.
Fixed Recto1/2 models default Negative Feedback and Power Tube Bias values slightly too low.
Freakin awesome

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/11p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_11p00_beta.zip

And here's a sample preset using a non-default Speaker Cabinet for the amp block (uses 4x12 Brit AX instead of the default).

How does this affect the FRFR speaker that also has these characteristics? I assume that the speaker in the FRFR cabinet is also being affected by this interaction. Do we need to account for this if we're playing through an FRFR, powered Amp to Cabinet or studio monitors? If we're recording directly from the Axe FX III, then using this would be optimal, so that we can get that constructive and destructive effect of the speaker cabinet. But, I don't know what we should be doing for playing through a speaker. Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks again Cliff, for everything that you do.

How does this affect the FRFR speaker that also has these characteristics? I assume that the speaker in the FRFR cabinet is also being affected by this interaction. Do we need to account for this if we're playing through an FRFR, powered Amp to Cabinet or studio monitors? If we're recording directly from the Axe FX III, then using this would be optimal, so that we can get that constructive and destructive effect of the speaker cabinet. But, I don't know what we should be doing for playing through a speaker. Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks again Cliff, for everything that you do.
It’s the same as before right?

You assumed wrong. An FRFR is driven by a solid-state power amp (typically). SS power amps are not affected by speaker impedance to any significant degree.

Interesting. I thought this was simulating the interaction of air pressure in the cabinet, by accounting for the feedback impedance in the speaker circuit. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I have a question. Please excuse if it’s a dumb one hahaha. Ok, when the IRs were created, didn’t they already take into account the affect of the change in sound of impedance when the IR was captured? So then isn’t it changing now what’s already been captured yet not started from an impedenceless sound?

OH MY GOD THIS SOUNDS AMAZING, it sounds like if you attached an envelope follower to the Xfomer match, flexing back and forth the harder you hit it, the realest of the real, the bass resonance is dynamic now, where before it was woofy if set too high, it was static, now it's still woofy but it gets out the way somehow, it's flexing and blending in with the highs, the highs that are a lot smoother from the dynamic interaction of getting the power amp juice sucked out by the low end...this is craaaaaazy good...the resonance points of the recto cabs line up E X A C T L Y with the amp, since they tuned it with those cabs, i don't even believe how good this sounds, it fixed the breakup characteristics too, no need to adjust speaker impedance or Xformer match anymore from default, it's breaking up soft and crunchy and early like they do...:sunglasses: it's obscene, i don't think this is even legal

20191109_152007.jpg

Last edited:
I read the description and I downloaded it but I'm just not understanding what this does. Does it only effect with cab sims on?

I have a question. Please excuse if it’s a dumb one hahaha. Ok, when the IRs were created, didn’t they already take into account the affect of the change in sound of impedance when the IR was captured? So then isn’t it changing now what’s already been captured yet not started from an impedenceless sound?
No. IRs are captured with a solid-state amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom