Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

Gigged this FW tonight and it was flawless. Lovely stuff.

Yeah, brother... me too!!! The edits I made with the new features rocked the freaking house out!!!
I cut through perfectly without losing warmth and bite. Loving this new firmware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on!!!
GLiDE

Hi ... everyone ,
Sorry for the questions I m about to ask there ... I ce read the thread and the one on previous beta ... and believe me this one can quickly give you a heardache especially when English is not your own language ....
So I m stil on 10.02 and I d like to know if after installing 11 beta 1 and select a preset , than choose « YES » as global answer if ... ALL the Axe presets will have the right curve of Cliff s algorithm ??
I think yes ... but want to be sure ....
Then ... if I select an other preset without saving previous , will the new one will have the new curve ..??
And last but not least question , if I switch off the Axe without saving once more , what will I have ..???
The originals settings or the new Fw ones ...??
Sorry if these are silly questions for many ... but thanks for your help
Fafa .... from France

if after installing 11 beta 1 and select a preset , than choose « YES » as global answer if ... ALL the Axe presets will have the right curve of Cliff s algorithm ??

They will, but the curve won't be saved to the preset until you click the save button.

Then ... if I select an other preset without saving previous , will the new one will have the new curve ..??

Yes.

And last but not least question , if I switch off the Axe without saving once more , what will I have ..??? The originals settings or the new Fw ones ...??

Assuming you haven't saved your presets after loading them but have the "Update Pre-11x Presets" set to YES, then your presets will use the new curves every time they're loaded. However, the new curves won't be saved to the preset until you click the save button.

Hi ... everyone ,
Sorry for the questions I m about to ask there ... I ce read the thread and the one on previous beta ... and believe me this one can quickly give you a heardache especially when English is not your own language ....
So I m stil on 10.02 and I d like to know if after installing 11 beta 1 and select a preset , than choose « YES » as global answer if ... ALL the Axe presets will have the right curve of Cliff s algorithm ??
I think yes ... but want to be sure ....
And last but not least question , if I switch off the Axe without saving once more , what will I have ..???
The originals settings or the new Fw ones ...??
Sorry if these are silly questions for many ... but thanks for your help
Fafa .... from France
When you install FW 11 beta if you choose NO on the global update, all your current presets will remain un altered, If you choose YES on the global update, every preset will load with the new Impedance Curves. If you edit them to a different curve and don't save, or shut down the AxFx without saving they will get the default curve when opened again. You must save any changes in the current Firmware, then they will remain as you edited them and won't be updated to default .

Thanks Jason for these clarifications .... useful ,
Last one stay a bit difficult to understand :)....
If I switch off the Axe after upgrading and without saving ... the curve parameter will be set to default .... so « NO »...,,,,???
Your last stance is a bit confused for me , if I understand ... the new curves will be automatically loaded with presets ... but they are not saved ...????:oops::oops:.....

And at the moment you ve select YES on global menu , the only way to go back to 10.02 settings is tweaking ..??? Even if it appears that new curves parameters give better sounding , no desire of getting back to previous ... but 10.02 was awesome sounding , great step forward ....

And at the moment you ve select YES on global menu , the only way to go back to 10.02 settings is tweaking ..??? Even if it appears that new curves parameters give better sounding , no desire of getting back to previous ... but 10.02 was awesome sounding , great step forward ....

Selecting YES in the Global menu simply means that all presets created before firmware 11 will use the new curves every time a preset is loaded; however, it will not SAVE the new curve to a preset until you click the save button. If you haven't saved the presets and want to return to the previous curves, simply set the Global option to NO and your presets will load the older curves.

Last edited:
Your last stance is a bit confused for me , if I understand ... the new curves will be automatically loaded with presets ... but they are not saved ...????:oops::oops:.....

That's correct. When you set the Global option to YES and load a preset, the speaker impedance parameter is automatically updated with the new curve, but the new curve isn't saved to the preset until you click the SAVE button. The old curve is still stored (and will continue to be stored) in the preset until you click the SAVE button. The new curve doesn't actually replace the old curve that's stored in the preset until it's saved.

Last edited:
Compared to my amps with LB2 ... highs are still harsh even with the same IR and settings
I m staying on V10...

Selecting YES in the Global menu simply means that all presets created before firmware 11 will use the new curves every time a preset is loaded; however, it will not SAVE the new curves to the preset until you click the save button. If you haven't saved the presets and want to return to the previous curves, simply set the Global option to NO and your presets will load the older curves.
...... now it s totally clear for me
Thanks 🙏 to you ....

Reactions: trb
I played live this morning with this beta, had nothing but compliments on my sound! Wish I could have heard it more, our IEM system was on the fritz so we were relying more on FOH which we stand a few meters behind.

Thank you Cliff!! I have no regrets going Fractal!!

Compared to my amps with LB2 ... highs are still harsh even with the same IR and settings
I m staying on V10...
I noticed no difference. Did you set the Global/Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load to yes or no? Yes may change your tone because of the new impedance matching feature.

Finally! I have a replacement Axe3 to load the firmware into!

Immediately upon loading it, I set the global update choice to 'no' so I could go through preset by preset.

Loving it so far. Only a couple amps that made me poke around to find a curve that fit, and one Hipower preset where I had to turn down the bass in the amp model's authentic controls due to my Strat making too much low end. The 2C+ seems to really like the AC15 curve with the MS12 Black Shadow IR. Great feel, lean a bit one way or the other, and it catches feedback with ease, even at relatively benign volumes. The Freidman Smallbox sounds bloody marvelous through the Marshall TV curve and the Creamback 4x12 IR.

Opinions please. Will the default curve work better with the 'right' cab? So would the 4x12 AX default curve for a Marshall Amp work more authentically with a 4x12 AX IR? I know the 'just use your ears' answer but I am thinking this new improvement to the Axe FX 3 could actually deliver even more authentic tones if the curve is matched to the intended cab. It seems strange that I would want a 4x12 AX speaker curve matched to a 1x12 IR for example - even if it sounds ok. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom