Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

Getting ready to go from 11b to 11 public beta 1. So If I choose NO then my presets will stay unchanged but I can still go in and use the new curves in the advanced page correct?
Yes. If you set it to yes, all presets including ones that were saved in 11b will change.

Yes, you'll find the yes-no option under Global Settings in SETUP.
Go to the Amp block, scroll all the way to Advanced and you'll find the curves a line above the orange OUTPUT text.

Have fun.

I have yet to find any of my presets that doesn't improve drastically with the new speaker impedance curves, love love love my Axe III and FW 11 beta 2.

I don't have nor use as many presets as many others so I have no problem tweaking them whenever an Ecliffany changes the FW for the better.
I generally use 1-max 5 presets for any of my ongoing projects / gigs, so I just tweak the ones that are currently in rotation any time FW upgrades, and leave the others be until that project/gig is up, as usually the FW will have progressed by then.

Yes. If you set it to yes, all presets including ones that were saved in 11b will change.
I have saved presets in beta 0 with chosen curves. If I update to beta 1 and re-save the same presets on 'NO', will they revert to the beta 0 selected curves on 'YES' if not saved again on 'YES' and turned back to 'NO'?

I have saved presets in beta 0 with chosen curves. If I update to beta 1 and re-save the presets on 'NO', will they revert to the beta 0 on 'YES' if not saved again on 'YES'?
I checked quickly last night & presets saved in 11 beta 1 will no longer update when the global selection is yes no matter what curve is selected. It's only pre-11 beta 1 (11 beta 0, 10.02, etc.) presets that update. They don't update to beta 0, they update to what ever the default curve is for that particular amp model. They do remain in an unsaved state so as long as you don't save, you won't loose any work you did in 11 beta 0.

It will be interesting to see if the third party IR producers will come up with Impedance curves for their cabs. I've seen a few in the past included, but can't remember off hand which ones, or if they are accurate. I know I've seen them in Rewires folder.

Before last night's rehearsal, I updated the amp block to the proper speaker impedance choice, on 5 of my presets.
When we rehearsed the bandmates remarked how much more clearer, punchier, articulate, and better sounding my tone was.
I could tell a huge difference in my in-ears, in tonal quality, and the way the presets cut through the mix.
I also checked my guitar cab and FOH, and the tone was better sounding, in both, and cut through the mix better than before.
And thank you for the new global feature. I think it's great to be able to globally set the new speaker impedance curves .

Before last night's rehearsal, I updated the amp block to the proper speaker impedance choice, on 5 of my presets.
When we rehearsed the bandmates remarked how much more clearer, punchier, articulate, and better sounding my tone was.
I could tell a huge difference in my in-ears, in tonal quality, and the way the presets cut through the mix.
I also checked my guitar cab and FOH, and the tone was better sounding, in both, and cut through the mix better than before.
And thank you for the new global feature. I think it's great to be able to globally set the new speaker impedance curves .
Good to hear bandmate feedback! It's hard to be objective when you're the subject!
Thanks for sharing! I feel more confident about our Saturday gig as I already went ahead and added chosen impedance curves to 95% of my presets!

Immediately after installing this (and switching on the global setting), the presets I'd been having a bit of trouble nailing down to be exactly as I can hear in my head (in amongst all the voices, of course) just tightened up, and felt generally 'more responsive' - if that makes sense?

The volume is changing on one side. It gets way quieter then louder on one side. Me and at least one other person had this happen on the previous beta and mentioned it. It was fined for the first five minutes or so or playing then did it for about five minutes, then corrected itself and has been working fine for the last five minutes. Never had this happen before.

Did people never touch the speaker EQ curve in the amp block before this? Studio and home noodlers probably find these kind of advances more appealing than those that are after a few specific amp models playing live. Then again I cant count the hundreds of hours spent trying to dial up what I need. I'm stuck in a situation with a one amp and cab wonder with 3 channels, so once I lock in to where I need to be in that mix I need to stay put. Seems like all of the 50 curves in the amp speaker page aside from the two load box ones have a narrower low Q which makes the amp cut more?

The volume is changing on one side. It gets way quieter then louder on one side. Me and at least one other person had this happen on the previous beta and mentioned it. It was fined for the first five minutes or so or playing then did it for about five minutes, then corrected itself and has been working fine for the last five minutes. Never had this happen before.

What are you using: monitors, headphones?

Back
Top Bottom