Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

Yeah

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Amp block now uses new high-order speaker impedance modeling. 50 speaker impedance models (and two LB-2 models) are included and can be selected using the Speaker Impedance Curve parameter (on the Advanced page). Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. The Cabinet Resonance parameter can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve.

Setting Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter to YES will automatically update the Speaker Impedance Curve for the Amp blocks upon preset recall to use an appropriate Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. Setting the parameter to NO will leave existing presets unaffected. NOTE: Setting this to YES will also cause the EDITED LED to light indicating the preset has been modified.

Fixed Recto1/2 models default Negative Feedback and Power Tube Bias values slightly too low.

Fixed loss of precision in Drive block Tone control for some models (Rat, Timothy, et. al.) causing low frequency build-up over time.

Question on the global setting -

I've been running the Beta and have tweaked some of my presets to use curves which I like, will these presets be impacted if 'Yes' is chosen (because they're not the current version) - or will they be left alone as they're already 11?

I've been running the Beta and have tweaked some of my presets to use curves which I like, will these presets be impacted if 'Yes' is chosen (because they're not the current version) - or will they be left alone as they're already 11?
My question as well.

Is there a reason for the Speaker Impedance Curve parameter to only reside on the Advanced page? It seems like it would make sense for this to be accessible from the Speaker page where you could actually see the graph for the curves as you scroll through them instead of having to page back and forth between Speaker and Advanced. I know this goes against the tweak with your ears, not eyes mantra but I think it would be more convenient.

Is there a reason for the Speaker Impedance Curve parameter to only reside on the Advanced page? It seems like it would make sense for this to be accessible from the Speaker page where you could actually see the graph for the curves as you scroll through them instead of having to page back and forth between Speaker and Advanced. I know this goes against the tweak with your ears, not eyes mantra but I think it would be more convenient.
Right, also The Cabinet Resonance parameter that can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve is on the Speaker Page.

I would think they would only be impacted if they've been changed from the default selection when selecting an amp.

The name doesn't fit.

I would think they would only be impacted if they've been changed from the default selection when selecting an amp.
That's exactly what I am wondering. I very rarely use 4x12 irs so pretty much any amp that would default to a 4x12 impedance curve has been changed to a non default curve. I'm hoping I don't have to re-do all the presets I have changed form the default curve.

Reactions: RDH
Yeah

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Amp block now uses new high-order speaker impedance modeling. 50 speaker impedance models (and two LB-2 models) are included and can be selected using the Speaker Impedance Curve parameter (on the Advanced page). Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. The Cabinet Resonance parameter can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve.

Setting Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter to YES will automatically update the Speaker Impedance Curve for the Amp blocks upon preset recall to use an appropriate Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. Setting the parameter to NO will leave existing presets unaffected. NOTE: Setting this to YES will also cause the EDITED LED to light indicating the preset has been modified.

Fixed Recto1/2 models default Negative Feedback and Power Tube Bias values slightly too low.

Fixed loss of precision in Drive block Tone control for some models (Rat, Timothy, et. al.) causing low frequency build-up over time.
Is the former 11.00b behavior maintained WRT switching the SIC wiping the old curve out of NULL and making NULL flat like a resistor?

For those among us who need to maintain the old curves on some presets for continuity's sake in the semi-near term (i.e., until recording/gig project is completed) but would like to enjoy the new sounds on other presets that are not 'mission-critical', it would be a handy piece of info.

Back
Top Bottom