Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.02

That may be very normal, because when we rehearse and I foget to turn off AXE Edit, it creates all sorts of problems, from delays, to pops, to fade out and in, when changing presets, amps, etc. As soo as I hear the problems, I shut down AXE Edit and no more anomalies.
I noticed last night when I turned on my Axe that there was a small pop (more of a tiny little "tick" sound) right as the preset came up. It may be because of the axe edit, because it was already open - usually I open that after the Axe finishes the startup. I never noticed it before so I'll have to check it out again tonight. The amp in the preset was the 5153.

I am still getting intermittent 'pops' with this firmware. Short of asking for another patch release, is there anything I can do about this?
Using one of Moke's Presets - Live Vai Tone. Not really doing much of anything other than playing an Ibanez RG through it with Yamaha Studio speakers. That's really about it.View attachment 59493
I can't really say with 100% confidence. Going forward, I am going to be more cognizant of it and write down what I was doing at the time I heard the 'pop'. I am also using an FC-12 to change presets. The most recent incident did not involve me changing presets.
Axe Edit was running for me at the time.
Strange? I tried switching through all 4 scenes of that preset using 10.02, and I'm not getting any pops. There is no Amp or Cab channel switching going on in this preset. Also tried switching between a few other presets without issues. It may be only happening between certain models?

Strange thing happened today!
I work on a TV show and when i arrived and turned it on everything the AXE-FX III was on the PRESET 1, BassGuy i think and the FC12 just showed on switches "Layout 1 to 8" and nothing happened when i hit the buttons. Had to reset my FC controlers to come back to life.
Any ideas? I was not there to see if some eletrical problem happened. Didnt reset the AXE-Fx, all my sounds are there, but i also lost my configuration on perform screen, everything just gone. Now is back to normal, put everything back and is fine. But it was weird....

Strange? I tried switching through all 4 scenes of that preset using 10.02, and I'm not getting any pops. There is no Amp or Cab channel switching going on in this preset. Also tried switching between a few other presets without issues. It may be only happening between certain models?
I don't really know. Other people have been saying they have Axe Edit open during the incidents. It seems like most of the stories are anecdotal right now. I don't think it's just Moke's presets, it seems like it's amps models that have high gain are the ones that emit the 'pop'.

Last edited:
Gigged with 10.02 tonight. I can safely say it's the most I've ever enjoyed my guitar sound live, ever. The SV Bass sounds ridiculous on this FW too, so much punch and grind.
I totally agree. There was something different. Even the Sound Engineer asked if I changed anything. He said it was more dynamic, punchier and clearer. The only thing I did was reduce my amp treble in my higher gain presets by .5.

Gigged with 10.02 tonight. I can safely say it's the most I've ever enjoyed my guitar sound live, ever.
I wholeheartedly agree. I dumped my AX8 back in early April. I loved it, but was certain something new was on the horizon. In the interim, I've played around with everything from a Mooer Radar to the Helix. Picked up a month old AFXIII and FC-12 for a really good deal here locally. HOLY SMOKES!!! I was blown away at what I was hearing. It was like coming home. The tone and feel was nothing short of amazing!

Right away, the Engl Powerball I use predominantly had more defined bass and definition. Getting into the cleaner amps, chimey sums it up. Some of the Plexi style amps yield pinch harmonics with very little gain. It also appears that switching is faster and some bugs were ironed out. I’m not sure what could be added for me to upgrade firmware’s again after this. This thing surpasses my wildest childhood dreams lol

OK my turn... just got my III last week.
I sold my beloved Ax8 to move up to the III. I originally had the AxeII, but somehow I just never bonded with it, and turned back to real amps for awhile but that got tired again quick, with maintenance, inconsistent performance (tube wear/bad AC power at gigs, etc), weight, space onstage, mic'ing hassles, volume onstage, etc etc.
So I picked up an Ax8 about a year ago, bought Austin Buddy's Naked Amps and fell in love with the thing. Used it happily for a year and decided to make the jump up to the III.
Man oh man. I bought Austin Buddy's Naked Amps pack for the III right away, loaded it first thing and I just can't stop.
v10.02 with the Gain Enhancer, tweaked power amps, cleaner, more articulate and smoother drives, is heads and shoulders even above the Ax8 for me.
I'm using drives and amps that I tried and rejected in the Ax8. Whole new discovery of feel and tactic playing, I'm finding myself adjusting my playing (in a very good way) to adapt to the dynamic range and breadth of expression.

I've always remembered the experience first time as a kid when I plugged a friends' Strat into an old 60's Fender Bassman (which we thought was just an old beatup cheap amp at the time :-0) and the magic that occurred. I've never forgotten that feeling... and I get that feeling with 10.02.

Thanks FAS. Truly amazing.

In the cab block, the volume control of cab impulses doesn't work on my axe fx 3 if there is only one cab selected.
Does anyone have the same issue ?

Several weeks with this one, wonder what cliff is cooking or maybe he decided to take a well deserved holiday lol

Back
Top Bottom