Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.02

It seems like most of us are in agreement....this latest iteration of Mr. Chase’s eCliffanies™ is really, truly something special.
Just stuck an ODS clean block into this morning's LT preset contribution ( https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bluesy-ccv-preset.155128/. ) (use the LT TV Mix2 cab..or not)
and goosed the MV , gain and gain enhancer...and fell in love with this tone..yet again..every day a new discovery .
This is tasty. I can hear the "knock" and "thump" on that ODS scene so clearly. It's all kinds of chewy good with that P90 Lester -- I've been keeping that on the stand so I get more acclimated with it playing it all the time.

That @2112 IR works with so many amps.

Will be interesting to see what comes next that talk of power amp authentic vs ideal if you switch power tubes could be a pretty big deal if it happens

Say you switch tubes in an UBER to KT88 or an XTC to el34
If i read correctly ideal will change all the behind the scenes settings to match that tube so the result of tube swapping will be much more audible

Expect a holly cow moment
cow8771435558c17bbdac8f97e8b9252bde.gif

a wonderful day, did the update yesterday morning and had a great gig in the evening. In the audience was my local heroe guitar player from my youth. After the show he praised my sound, he and another guitar player asked me for my amp setup and were completely surprised that everything came from the AXE III. Thank you Cliff for this amazing machine.

After going back to amps and pedals for a while, I just got another III. Wow. I've tried to like FRFR in the past and never quite got there, but man this FW sounds and feels amazing and is so fun to play. And unlike my last stint with the Axe, I haven't found my self wanting to play it through a traditional guitar cab since it got here. I don't remember which firmware was current when I sold my previous III, but I'm having none of the issues I had dialing in amp models before. And the drives, particularly the fuzzes, sound great. I'm enjoying it so much I'm wondering if I should invest in a better wedge.

I'm going to join in on the praise for this this fw. My kitchen sink (bass) patch sounds gorgeous! There's a lovely harmonic 'purr' to the overdriven SVT (2), especially when playing chords.

Wow!!! This FW is INCREDIBLE!!

The low end of all these amps is SO tight and explosive!! Tight, chunky and juicy!!! WOW!!!!

Preset and scene changes are RIDICULOUS fast!!!! Not that it was slow before but I have NEVER seen switching this fast on ANY other device or amp!

I haven't even had this much fun playing the ACTUAL real life versions of these amps!

At this point in time I don't even care if the amps are accurate or not, you are making everything sound so good I don't care if you are accurate, the results are better than the source material!

DEFINITELY hit it out the park with this one Cliff!!

i was getting some pops last night while changing the amp channel from the deluxe verb to the super verb and back (via axe edit)

I haven't had pops with any of my presets so far. I don't have that @Moke preset. Does it happen with other presets?
I can't really say with 100% confidence. Going forward, I am going to be more cognizant of it and write down what I was doing at the time I heard the 'pop'. I am also using an FC-12 to change presets. The most recent incident did not involve me changing presets.

Back
Top Bottom