Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get this much info out of Page 161, I/O Input page. I would have hoped it would have recommended a starting point other than telling me that 5% or below would make the Output Converter balance out the signal. Where is the preferred setting for the average user? I don't use metal/death metal levels of distortion.
Disclaimer, i won't be playing with this until the fix is out in the next FW.

Didn't get this much info out of Page 161, I/O Input page. I would have hoped it would have recommended a starting point other than telling me that 5% or below would make the Output Converter balance out the signal. Where is the preferred setting for the average user? I don't use metal/death metal levels of distortion.
There really isn't a "preferred setting" other than don't go below 5%. It's very dependent on your guitar & pickups. I set mine for my hottest guitar (I think around 35%) & just leave it there for the more vintage ones. Works fine.

..... and since I backed the pickups away from the strings a couple screw turns this morning.........and it sounds much better, too. I guess they were a bit too close to the strings and out of their 'sweet spot' before.

Same here. Been playing for 40 years. Have had my pickups too close this whole time. One of the issues, I was using much heavier strings, and therefore the prevailing info online applied to "9's" and not to the gauge I'm using.

I created a preset with nothing but INPUT 1 shunted to Output 1, and listened critically to my dry pickups and adjusted them so they don't overdrive the input of the axe, but also give me the punch I can live with.

They are further than "looks right" because I'm referencing my view from 40 years' worth of looking down at my strings. But overall, my guitar is more stable, the notes sustain more (not creating a magnetic field where the pickups disrupt the string vibration), and everything is more clear with better string separation.

There are so many gain boost, eq options in the axe, I can turn my signal into anything I want, inside the box, but step 1 was making sure I served up a nice, clean, clear input signal to the unit.

He fixed it for the next release. In the meantime you can remove any drive blocks or lower the input A/D level until it doesn't pop. I had my input A/D set to 1% from 4.5%.
He fixed it for the next release. In the meantime you can remove any drive blocks or lower the input A/D level until it doesn't pop. I had my input A/D set to 1% from 4.5%.
thanks for reply for my post.
i just got from dinner with my father and drink some.
i couldn't reply your post. i'm sorry.
as you can see i'm not a pro musician and even native speaker in English.
i just change with ad/da level TO 0.1 level change.
still it happened but only 1 time.
but i'll wait for next release the new firmware like what you say.
i appreciate all forum members as a my teacher and trust fractal engineer solve all the problems .

Last edited:
👍, Silly me, going right to the I/O section as opposed to the Intro. Never been good at Intros, or Outros

Thanks, sarcasm aside, appreciated.
No sarcasm. Just a gentle poke in the ribs. We’ve all earned a few of those here.

Last edited:
Once you see how it works it seems hard to believe that no one has thought of it before but I can't find a single paper or article that uses the technique. The only drawback is that frequency response is limited to about 1/2 Nyquist but since we oversample that's irrelevant.

So that's why you get the "amp feels like it's going to explode" but without the noise and artifacts

I haven't read hardly any of this thread, and maybe not a lot of readers know this is why we love you. But this is why we love you.

Well damn. I thought it wasn't supposed to go red at all. I'll be turning mine up when the next firmware drops.
And despite having lazily avoided base line tweaking (which is pretty poor really) my input seems to be set about right with the default 50%.
Guess these humbuckers are a bit on the hot side but since I switched to modelling haven't really strived for, or even thought about, getting high output PU's but I went right off EMG's ....

I don't think there is a preferred setting, other than what the manual suggests.
With that said, my main axe is a Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Artistwith Dragon II pickups. I'm set at 75% with hard playing. I never see red, unless I really slam the strings.

Sup? ;-)

You know,,, I'm not too much really a " This firmware is Awesome!!!!!" kinda posting guy, because each one is a great step forward,,,BUT....today,,is different.
This firmware is Fucking Awesome!!!!

Case in point,,, I never use the Fryette D60 sims I just never liked them,, also contrary to most, I've not liked the "Grinder" boost in the amp block. It just does something that I just cant put my finger on that just ruins it for me,,, and I really want to like it as I LOVE me some FORTIN amps ( wish we could get one..;-) )

Anyway I grab some patches this morning and there is a Fortin patch for the Axe-II that I thought,, cool, I'd load into my Axe-II later .
So while I'm chunking around for shits and giggles I throw this patch through fracTool into my Axe-III. It has a tone match that didn't come through,,,and the patch wasn't really doing it for me so I just start tweaking it for the hell of it,,, and I'll be Damned if adding a little Grinder in the amp block,,just on a whim,,and playing with a couple scenes of different drive blocks up front( BB Pre, Full OD, Zen Master),,,, And a Tape distortion drive AFTER the cab block ( which I never really do for the tight modern shred metal that I tend to play)............

I've been lost for about the last 3 hours in some of the most tasty Classic snarly gain'ish sounds I've played with for a long time.

Awesome Cliff ...I'm having a lot of fun this morning ;-)

MOSHON
DAVE

mine has same problem after update v10.00 I'm using fc12 also.
I also have a very load POP and then lock-up of the Axe: that is, no sound, ALL outputs MAX out (see picIMG_0809.jpg) only loud pops (when switching presets, you can still move from patch to patch...). I have it with Burgs Dumble preset I edited slightly. No immediate lockup, but after some playing, switching Rotary Block on/off sometime causes it to...? I'm going quickly back to fw9... this can't happen tonight!

Preset attached...

Attachments

• Burg's Dumbles Edit.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom