Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed, it has 2 clipping stages based on diodes, it's not a typical fuzz.
Very interesting .... is there a difference with the Big Muff that David Gimour uses ..??? which is awesome ....
View attachment 59196

https://www.electrosmash.com/big-muff-pi-analysis#link3

My guess is that the model doesn't use the "faspice" algorithm for that same reason, most drives in the axe fx only have one clipping stage, perhaps 2 clipping stages would take up too much cpu.

I get a loud pop when clicking on an amp block in Axe Edit. I’ve avoided the reported issues but aside from that it sounds STELLAR!

I'm getting a loud pop then losing sound using this patch. Happens with or without the updated edit. I did just switch to using the analog outputs & a crown xli800 power amp today but none of the other patches I tried have locked up.

On a positive note, the TS 808 sounds really good.
Not doing it here. Usually this means it was the preset you were on prior that is the issue. Can you post that as well?

Don't overlook the FAS models. I just dialed up the FAS Crunch and got goosebumps. I'm finding that a lot more cabinets work with models now. For this preset I used Factory 1 - 291 which is a 1x12 but it works.

99% of the amp and drive models I use are FAS. They just work with very little tweaking and blend well in a mix.

See my prior post. I need the preset you were on prior to the one that is causing the issue.
I tried 2 different presets then going to the dumble & both had the issue. If Im playing while switching to it, it pops quicker. Even happened when booting straight into the dumble patch. Ive booted to it with my guitar volume off & it hasn't popped.

See my prior post. I need the preset you were on prior to the one that is causing the issue.
There it is if you need it anyways. But like I said it does it coming from any other patch.

Do I have some settings messed up for the analog outs maybe?

Attachments

• Band Commander.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
There it is if you need it anyways. But like I said it does it coming from any other patch.

Do I have some settings messed up for the analog outs maybe?
Can you PM your system settings?

Are you using an FC when this happens? Axe-Edit?

I get a loud pop when clicking on an amp block in Axe Edit. I’ve avoided the reported issues but aside from that it sounds STELLAR!

Stellar indeed; however I also get the loud pop you describe. Doesn't happen with all amp types. For me it's happening with the JP IIC+ Green channel and it will also do it from the box (select amp block on grid, press edit, and it pops.

Don't overlook the FAS models. I just dialed up the FAS Crunch and got goosebumps. I'm finding that a lot more cabinets work with models now. For this preset I used Factory 1 - 291 which is a 1x12 but it works.
I am often back to FAS model :):)
and with FW10, particularly appreciate the FAS Rythm, Crunch, Hot Rod and Super TWeed.
Just a touch of "Gain Enhacer @ 1" => this parameter is a damned good one Cliff !

I can get it to pop & lose sound on command if I strum a G really hard. My Input 1 A/D level was @ 4.5%. I turned it down to .1% & cant get a pop on command. I may now crank up this firmware without fear of doing a Marty McFly through my wall!

I can get it to pop & lose sound on command if I strum a G really hard. My Input 1 A/D level was @ 4.5%. I turned it down to .1% & cant get a pop on command. I may now crank up this firmware without fear of doing a Marty McFly through my wall!
I think the issue is the Input block. Try increasing the Attack time for now.

I tried the new Ruckus model and experienced similar results.

The first page after the Type is the one with diode options and not the normal Drive, Level, etc.

Page right a few times and see a blank screen. Page right a couple more times and the Axe Fx locks up with no sound.

I did this 3 times with the same results each time.

Definitely a bug of some sort.
Already fixed. People can stop reporting this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom