Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right. I was getting about 1% more but it might vary by patch.

It's worth it IMO. Firmware 10 uses new "FASPICE XD" modeling in the amp and drive block. It requires a bit more CPU but the accuracy is far better. I figured out a way to ensure that transcendental equations are always stiffly stable and converge in a fixed amount of time. Significantly faster and at least as accurate as trapezoidal, modified trap, gear, etc. algorithms. It dampens numerical ringing without the side-effect of damping actual circuit ringing. Once you see how it works it seems hard to believe that no one has thought of it before but I can't find a single paper or article that uses the technique. The only drawback is that frequency response is limited to about 1/2 Nyquist but since we oversample that's irrelevant.

So that's why you get the "amp feels like it's going to explode" but without the noise and artifacts
Will all this awesome stuff be able to run on the FM3?

Bloody hell, it's like Christmas every other Friday at the moment!

Annoyingly I'm away from my III for the next 10 days, but no doubt will be worth the wait

Sounds about right. I was getting about 1% more but it might vary by patch.

It's worth it IMO. Firmware 10 uses new "FASPICE XD" modeling in the amp and drive block. It requires a bit more CPU but the accuracy is far better. I figured out a way to ensure that transcendental equations are always stiffly stable and converge in a fixed amount of time. Significantly faster and at least as accurate as trapezoidal, modified trap, gear, etc. algorithms. It dampens numerical ringing without the side-effect of damping actual circuit ringing. Once you see how it works it seems hard to believe that no one has thought of it before but I can't find a single paper or article that uses the technique. The only drawback is that frequency response is limited to about 1/2 Nyquist but since we oversample that's irrelevant.

So that's why you get the "amp feels like it's going to explode" but without the noise and artifacts
Amazing. Are you working on a paper yourself on this technique, or perhaps a patent?

I just lost the evening to the SLO, with 5881 , I don't know what changed but that thing screams .
ML GB IR. Gain on 5 , input boost on w tube screamer bass 4 mids 5 ,treble 6 and the master opened up to 6
it is so good .

I don't usually rave about firmware but from /13 , the deluxe reverb , 1970Plexi, Shiva clean to the SLO they have all sounded stellar
w different cabs and effects added and dry , and thats all I have had time to try .

I seriously don't know what is coming next , but this one was a home run

I'm getting a loud pop then losing sound using this patch. Happens with or without the updated edit. I did just switch to using the analog outputs & a crown xli800 power amp today but none of the other patches I tried have locked up.

On a positive note, the TS 808 sounds really good.
mine has same problem after update v10.00 20191018_225649[1].jpg i'm using fc12 also.

Attachments

• Sykes Boogie101819.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I just spent 3 hours with the new FW. That whole time I tried to find something to bitch about. I failed.

Tweaks, yes. I have real trouble getting off individual amps. Vibroverb, Plexi's, Friedman45. I didn't make it to the FAS models, but will be there after I rest my fingers.

Weird that that I play very little with 'verb these days, don't need it.

Wow! that's crazy talko_O. I'm heading out for a show too.... But there is now way I would update anything just before a show.
Yeah, decided to live on the edge. ;) Hope I don’t regret it. I’ve been practicing with beta 2 for a few days so hopefully the official release is just as stable.

The new drives sound real good. I dialed in channels A-D with different drive pedals and saved it to the block library. I switched to another preset and tried to load what I'd just saved to the block library to the new preset and couldn't do it. It showed up in the block library when I clicked on show folder and went to the drive blocks, but when I selected it and clicked on it all it did was say choose application. How do you import something from your custom saved block library into the Axe FXIII?

Last edited:
The new drives sound real good. I dialed in channels A-D with different drive pedals and saved it to the block library. I switched to another preset and tried to load what I'd just saved to the block library to the new preset and couldn't do it. It showed up in the block library when I clicked on show folder and went to the drive blocks, but when I selected it and clicked on it all it did was say choose application. How do you import something from your custom saved block library into the Axe FXIII?
You have to right click on the block in the axe-edit grid, and navigate to library in that menu.....then you should see your saved blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom