Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks much, Cliff. Looking forward to running 10.0 through its paces. Of course this firmware drops right as I'm getting ready to head out of town for the weekend. (Probably be on 11 by the time I get back, lol.)

Doh! Packed my gear up and headed to work already as I have rehearsal afterward. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home to check it out! Thanks so much for the nearly constant revisions and improvements. I do tech for a living and its impressive at how quickly and expertly you crank out the code!

Cliff, did the new Drive Block stuff end up raising the CPU usage? Just curious, as my main patch went up 1.5 - 2%.

No biggie mind you, since it sounds absolutely stellar, but was just wondering. Thanks.

Cliff, did the new Drive Block stuff end up raising the CPU usage? Just curious, as my main patch went up 1.5 - 2%.

No biggie mind you, since it sounds absolutely stellar, but was just wondering. Thanks.
Sounds about right. I was getting about 1% more but it might vary by patch.

It's worth it IMO. Firmware 10 uses new "FASPICE XD" modeling in the amp and drive block. It requires a bit more CPU but the accuracy is far better. I figured out a way to ensure that transcendental equations are always stiffly stable and converge in a fixed amount of time. Significantly faster and at least as accurate as trapezoidal, modified trap, gear, etc. algorithms. It dampens numerical ringing without the side-effect of damping actual circuit ringing. Once you see how it works it seems hard to believe that no one has thought of it before but I can't find a single paper or article that uses the technique. The only drawback is that frequency response is limited to about 1/2 Nyquist but since we oversample that's irrelevant.

So that's why you get the "amp feels like it's going to explode" but without the noise and artifacts

Which drive pedals does the new algo affect ?

Is it all tube screamer , Boss OD etc
Or mostly the germanium fuzz
Rat
Super OD
T808 OD
Fat Rat
Plus Distortion
Full OD
Blues OD
Shred Distortion
M-Zone Distortion
BB Pre