Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.18

Have you restarted your computer since then?
It is showing up in 'system information'

Axe-Fx III:

Product ID: 0x8010

Vendor ID: 0x2466

Version: 1.06

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Fractal Audio Systems

Location ID: 0x01100000 / 6

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

It is showing up in 'system information'

Axe-Fx III:

Product ID: 0x8010

Vendor ID: 0x2466

Version: 1.06

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Fractal Audio Systems

Location ID: 0x01100000 / 6

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Does the III show up in the Sound Preference Pane? Looks like the OS sees the USB connection okay, so wondering if it’s an issue with ProTools itself. Out of curiosity did you restart either the III or the computer with the III connected to USB? i sometimes have an issue with the II or the III showing up as a sound device if it’s power cycled when connected to the USB, so I always try to disconnect the cable first, if ever I forget I disconnect the USB, then restart the computer, then power cycle the III, give it like 30 seconds for the USB subsystem to come online fully, then connect the USB lead...

Does the III show up in the Sound Preference Pane? Looks like the OS sees the USB connection okay, so wondering if it’s an issue with ProTools itself. Out of curiosity did you restart either the III or the computer with the III connected to USB? i sometimes have an issue with the II or the III showing up as a sound device if it’s power cycled when connected to the USB, so I always try to disconnect the cable first, if ever I forget I disconnect the USB, then restart the computer, then power cycle the III, give it like 30 seconds for the USB subsystem to come online fully, then connect the USB lead...

Thanks for the reply.

I have learnt to make sure I shut down my Mac before I restart the axe although on this occation I shutdown the axe first. However I hae tried all kinds of powering down conminationtions, powercyles and software troubleshooting. I took the power cable out and flicked the power on on the front of the axe to clear any residual power so I know that a full power cycle has been completed. It's really bumming me out as I was having so much fun :(

Thanks all for the help, I have got this working now by reinstalling protools. was probably totally not nessisary but who cares I want to make music. :rolleyes:. Totally lost that creative moment now though.

Oh...if this fixes the Logic/Axe Edit disconnection issues my day will be made. I've been unable to use the Axe 3 (and Axe 2) as intended with USB recording in Logic b/c Axe Edit would constantly freeze/disconnect. Fingers crossed

Apologies if I have missed a comment or fix on this but I have noticed two things on the current firmware.

-Some blocks with Globals do not recall the correct settings. Simply put, if I have a preset that I have a Para EQ on and I save it as Global. Open a new preset and place a new Para EQ block and make it recall Global one, all knobs recall at the lowest option.

-Copy/Paste on channels doesn't seem to work effectively. Copy and paste on blocks seem to work, but Channel copy/paste (specifically from one preset to another) doesn't work. It ends up pasting a bizarre and edited copy of whatever is in Channel A.

Just wanted to put out the heads up with my experience so far.

Thanks for this awesome piece of kit!

Apologies if I have missed a comment or fix on this but I have noticed two things on the current firmware.

-Some blocks with Globals do not recall the correct settings. Simply put, if I have a preset that I have a Para EQ on and I save it as Global. Open a new preset and place a new Para EQ block and make it recall Global one, all knobs recall at the lowest option.

-Copy/Paste on channels doesn't seem to work effectively. Copy and paste on blocks seem to work, but Channel copy/paste (specifically from one preset to another) doesn't work. It ends up pasting a bizarre and edited copy of whatever is in Channel A.

Just wanted to put out the heads up with my experience so far.

Thanks for this awesome piece of kit!
I can't replicate any of this using the front panel.
Are you using Axe-Edit to do these operations? If so, you should post this in the Axe-Edit sub-forum.

weird situation. I just installed the new AXE Edit. Now it does not recognize my Axe III. The usb drivers are installed and it is present in device manager. But Axe Edit shows disconnected. I uninstalled and re-installed the usb driver and tried a new usb cable and different pc. No luck, still disconnected. Anyone have any ideas?

weird situation. I just installed the new AXE Edit. Now it does not recognize my Axe III. The usb drivers are installed and it is present in device manager. But Axe Edit shows disconnected. I uninstalled and re-installed the usb driver and tried a new usb cable and different pc. No luck, still disconnected. Anyone have any ideas?
you've restarted the computer and the Axe to reset the USB ports?

Back
Top Bottom