Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.18 Beta

Fixed MIDI-Over-USB hanging when receiving certain SysEx messages intended for other products. This occurs with some DAW software (i.e. Logic) at startup causing subsequent SysEx commands to be ignored rendering Axe-Edit non-responsive.

Fixed certain 3rd-party MIDI SysEx messages not processed properly when SysEx messages are also being received via USB (i.e. changing a block bypass state via a MIDI foot controller while also using Axe-Edit).
Nice. Will test these tonight. Thank you!

Fixed certain 3rd-party MIDI SysEx messages not processed properly when SysEx messages are also being received via USB (i.e. changing a block bypass state via a MIDI foot controller while also using Axe-Edit).
Bypass does seem to be better when i have my footcontroller and AxeEdit open, however channel changing still is less than consistent. Often not selecting the next channel. Foot controller connected via MIDI 5 pin connectors and AxeEdit via USB. AxeEdit 1.00.00 and FW1.18 beta1
getting some "MPR" (0x64) messages back for some channel change requests which aren't documented so don't know what they mean.

--1-> SYSEX 0xF0 0x0 0x1 0x74 0x10 0xB 0x76 0x0 0x0 0x68 0xF7
<-1-- SYSEX 0xF0 0x0 0x1 0x74 0x10 0x64 0xB 0x3 0x79 0xF7

then moments later without changing anything and just pressing my channel change button...

--1-> SYSEX 0xF0 0x0 0x1 0x74 0x10 0xB 0x76 0x0 0x2 0x6A 0xF7
<-1-- SYSEX 0xF0 0x0 0x1 0x74 0x10 0xB 0x76 0x0 0x2 0x6A 0xF7
all good...

and seemingly no issues when AxeEdit closed

Last edited:
This is an important one for me for re-amping (being able to audition presets using Axe-Edit) in Pro Tools....and....IT's WORKING......Yesssss! You guys Rock.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
All good here so far. I am able to use Axe Edit III and Logic together as well as change scenes via MIDI from Logic to Axe III. ALL AT THE SAME TIME! NICE!

Working great for me, been using Logic and Axe-Edit at the same time all afternoon with zero issues. Thanks Cliff, Matt, and anyone else who helped sort this one, much appreciated.

How about that third amp block? Is that coming sooner or later? That would be my ultimate update..

HI,

1.18 FW and AE 1.0.01 on a windows 7/64 box i7 heaps of RAM and SSDs.

Takes about 2 seconds from when I double click on a block (for example a Drive block) for it's state to change, both visually in Axedit, and audibly.

Certainly not as snappy as 1.15 sorry!
Thanks
Pauly

We have liftoff! Pro Tools and Axe Edit now working great together as far as I can tell. Nice work, and thank you @FractalAudio for devoting the time to address it with everything else going on!

HI,

1.18 FW and AE 1.0.01 on a windows 7/64 box i7 heaps of RAM and SSDs.

Takes about 2 seconds from when I double click on a block (for example a Drive block) for it's state to change, both visually in Axedit, and audibly.

Certainly not as snappy as 1.15 sorry!
Thanks
Pauly

What's the CPU usage in the preset you tried it with?

Loaded 1.18beta and seemed to have problems with my Bobby Harrison Pink Floyd patches. I notice they all have a USB1input block. Bad garbled sound on the initial pick attack. I reverted to 1.17 and no problems. I’ll have to try the beta again to doublecheck. Any ideas if a USB input block can mess up? Im running latest AxeEdit and Win7/64-bit.

Loaded 1.18beta and seemed to have problems with my Bobby Harrison Pink Floyd patches. I notice they all have a USB1input block. Bad garbled sound on the initial pick attack. I reverted to 1.17 and no problems. I’ll have to try the beta again to doublecheck. Any ideas if a USB input block can mess up? Im running latest AxeEdit and Win7/64-bit.

Are they the old II presets he shared a while back conveyed or did he share some new stuff specifically for the III?

Are they the old II presets he shared a while back conveyed or did he share some new stuff specifically for the III?

Old ones converted to Axe2 and then to Axe3 via Fractool. Seems to be working now after reapplying firmware. Problem must be with my PC.

Installed the 1.18 beta1 yesterday. At first it looked OK but when i powered up today i noticed the input 2L still having a peak (and also on USB Out 4L). This goes away after 10 -15 seconds...
IMG_20181013_153650.jpg

I had also a peak showing on USB 2L on firmware 1.15 but this one is gone...

For the record, i only have this peak showing when the unit is off for more than 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom