Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta

Hi Fractal / Cliff

Your wrote:- " ..... NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block) .... "

So do you know if the the Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 is a "Class-D current feedback amp" (?)

Thanks,
Ben

EDIT:- Apologies - just saw that yek had already asked the same question so mods please feel free to delete

Last edited:
Edit: Thanks, Cliff!

I've always wanted to be the Release Notes guy...

FW 1.16 Beta

Improved Multiband Compressor block so that mid-band gain is automatically compensated for crossover response.

Added Frequency Range parameters to Multiband Compressor block. This selects between Low and High frequency ranges yielding more flexible crossover frequencies.

Added Crossover Slope parameter to Multiband Compressor block. Choices are 12 and 24 dB/octave.

Added FAS Boost to Amp block input boost types.

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

Fixed moving cabs with Axe-Edit causes corrupted empty slots.

Fixed Looper status not reported correctly via MIDI.

Fixed Looper doesn’t always start if threshold is off.

Various fixes and changes for FC series foot controllers.

Cliff, does this mean we may see a tube power amp output mode on the amp block at some point? That would be awesome.

I am sorry to have to report that on my MacBook Pro system, which has been running AxeEdit III very smoothly and snappy (except for the Logic thing), after the 1.16 update, am incurring extreme lags in editing and scene and channel switching using Edit (front panel behavior normal) hopefully @Michael Pickens will have a fix soon..unless its an anomaly for me...anyone else on High Sierra Mac seeing this?
Same here.......

I’d guess that an Axe-Edit update will be coming along, but being this is a beta release, might not be fully supported for some time.

Probably a tough enough job getting Axe-edit finalized as is, big then also trying to keep pace with Cliff lol

What for and where are people using multi band compressors in their signal chain?
To apply different compression to different frequency bands. Check this old video of mine, on the Axe-Fx II :

compressing only the lows for palm muting with a heavy sound is a common practice. The Multiband Compressor can also be used like a very musical 3 bands EQ

Having trouble going back to 1.15 after installing 1.16 beta. I keep getting transmission errors. "No response received".

Anyone else having issue with Axe-Edit? If so please state Mac or PC. Thanks.
I am Having Axe Edit 0.09.21 Problems on PC. Really really slow updates per block . Fractal Bot times out trying to uploade earlier firmwares as well.

I am Having Axe Edit 0.09.21 Problems on PC. Really really slow updates per block . Fractal Bot times out trying to uploade earlier firmwares as well.
Furthest mine's got was like 35%. I wonder if statistically speaking it may eventually make it through the transfer...

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

I'm using a Matrix power amp and the Matrix FR212, so it's SS PA + FRFR cab (kind of). Which mode?
I guess which ever mode sounds best is always right but I'd like to know how it is intended.

Thanks for all the Axe-Edit reports. Just wanted to gather as much information for the developers. It has been reported and no doubt fixed!

Thanks for all the Axe-Edit reports. Just wanted to gather as much information for the developers. It has been reported and no doubt fixed!
I think the Axe Edit problems may be just a symptom of something a bit more fundamental. Fractal Bot doesn't like it either, and I still can't update firmware back to 1.15.

Back
Top Bottom