Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta

Edit: Thanks, Cliff!

I've always wanted to be the Release Notes guy...

FW 1.16 Beta

Improved Multiband Compressor block so that mid-band gain is automatically compensated for crossover response.

Added Frequency Range parameters to Multiband Compressor block. This selects between Low and High frequency ranges yielding more flexible crossover frequencies.

Added Crossover Slope parameter to Multiband Compressor block. Choices are 12 and 24 dB/octave.

Added FAS Boost to Amp block input boost types.

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

Fixed moving cabs with Axe-Edit causes corrupted empty slots.

Fixed Looper status not reported correctly via MIDI.

Fixed Looper doesn’t always start if threshold is off.

Various fixes and changes for FC series foot controllers.

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.
holy crap.

Holy crap indeed.
Exactly what I needed... in my axe FX 2 :/

Ideally, the amp block could send both signals at the same time, one to the FRFR (Or recording), the other to the Solid state drive. But this is already great!

I toyed with the idea of having FRFR on the left and SS on the right but figured it would confuse people too much.

I toyed with the idea of having FRFR on the left and SS on the right but figured it would confuse people too much.
Confusing, if it was default behavior, I agree.
But it could just be a third output mode... I think that would totally make sense.

Alternatively, maybe the CAB part of speaker compression can be somehow ported or at least approximated in the Cab block? Maybe motor drive is already that?...

Cliff, love this.

Can the SS PA + CAB mode be used with the Seymour Duncan Powerstage amps? (I don’t know what a current drive amp is)

Cliff, love this.

Can the SS PA + CAB mode be used with the Seymour Duncan Powerstage amps? (I don’t know what a current drive amp is)
Or the Matrix which is solid state but is supposed to be tube like?

Back
Top Bottom